• Register
  • Help

Topic: Oboe 1 Modern

Share/Bookmark

Oboe 1 Modern

Hi there,
    I have a problem with the Oboe Modern 1 GPO instrument.
    In the range spanning from F# to B (middle octave) the sound is "dirty", I mean, it seems overlayed with a square waveform if you play a sustained note (keep the key pressed). The prolem is more evident in the solo instrument, BTW is clearly noticeble even in the ENS intruments.

Do someone have the same issue?

Thanks,
    Alessandro

Re: Oboe 1 Modern

Alessandro,

I was wondering what happened to my square waves - I misplaced them and they landed in the Modern Oboe 1 patch.

A "dirty" oboe sound? We tried to talk the player into taking a shower and he refused.

In all seriousness, this sound may be characteristic of the instrument in that range. We will check into it.

Please note that we have 8 individually programmed oboes in GPO - 5 chromatically-sampled solo oboes (3 modern, 1 classical and 1 oboe d'amore) plus three ensemble oboes. You can easily pick another oboe whose tonality is more to your liking.

Gary Garritan

Re: Oboe 1 Modern

Hi Gary!

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan

I was wondering what happened to my square waves - I misplaced them and they landed in the Modern Oboe 1 patch.

A "dirty" oboe sound? We tried to talk the player into taking a shower and he refused.

In all seriousness, this sound may be characteristic of the instrument in that range. We will check into it.

Gary Garritan
    I already checked all the oboes and the issue seems to be just in the "Oboe modern 1", solo and ensemble. I would be a bit surprised if this sound is a characterristic of the instrument, given it sounds really artificial. But may be it's just my ignorance. I'll post a sample today or tomorrow for you to hear.

Ciao,
    Alessandro

Go Back to forum