• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New GPOStudio & Cubasis tutorial

Share/Bookmark

New GPOStudio & Cubasis tutorial

I just created a tutorial for using GPOStudio with Cubasis, available here.

A lot of this is spelled out very basically, moreso than most people probably need, but I didn't want to leave out something that I would take for granted, but which a newbie might not understand. I think this can also function as a pretty good basic tutorial for using Cubasis in general. The Help files within Cubasis are not always very helpful, and I know it took me a while to figure out things like how to draw in controller data, so I figured I'd throw that stuff in there, too.

I just realized that the link for the original tutorial for using GPO as a VST in Cubasis is not active anymore. I could probably whip up another one for that. I know it covered most of the aspects, but a few things were left out, so it may be worth doing another one anyway?
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Re: New GPOStudio & Cubasis tutorial

Something funny going on with that file, but I just tried it again and it seems okay - here's the updated link... http://www.endresnet.com/GPOStuCub.doc

Sorry for the large file size (4 mb). I did compress the pictures, but wanted to keep them reasonably readable.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Thumbs up Re: New GPOStudio & Cubasis tutorial

Shaz,

Excellent tutorial. So much information and so many graphics!

This is fantastic for people who want to exceed the VSTi limatations of Cubasis. It also serves as a good tutorial for using Cubasis independently of GPO Studio.

Thanks very much. This is going to help many users.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Shazbot
    I just realized that the link for the original tutorial for using GPO as a VST in Cubasis is not active anymore. I could probably whip up another one for that. I know it covered most of the aspects, but a few things were left out, so it may be worth doing another one anyway?
    It seems Fredrik, who authored the first tutorial, changed the link. Here is the new link:
    http://www.wallinder.info/tutorial1.html

Instead of doing a new tutorial from scratch, perhaps you could collaborate and improve upon the previous one. I think Fredrik would like this idea.

Thanks again,

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    It seems Fredrik, who authored the first tutorial, changed the link. Here is the new link:
    http://www.wallinder.info/tutorial1.html

Instead of doing a new tutorial from scratch, perhaps you could collaborate and improve upon the previous one. I think Fredrik would like this idea.

Thanks again,

Gary Garritan
    That would be ideal. Actually, Fredrik, if you could just add something specifically about the steps involved to add Ambience, that would be great. That's something that took some figuring out and some questions to the forum here, so I think that would be a useful addition.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

I'm afraid I'm a bit confused. The version of GPO Studio that is available for download is 1.11 and has no mention of any Record function. Am I missing something here? Is it a beta version? I would love to have it and be able to follow your tutorial but I'm afraid it's nowhere to be found.

Yes, I'm afraid I didn't realize that 1.2 is still a beta, but hopefully that'll be ready soon. I think Gary had said in another thread recently that you could ask him for it in the meantime?? 1.2 seems fine to me, but for the Ambience presets glitch, which is no big deal.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

I gather this would be helpful with Cubase SE as well?
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I gather this would be helpful with Cubase SE as well?
    I believe so, yes. I think all of the Cubases have the same essential setup, just that some have more features and capabilities.

See you Friday, Mike!
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

I'm putting together an HTML version of this tutorial, with thumbnail pictures. I know that MS Word doc was way too big, so this should be much easier to deal with.

I'm also making a GPO/Tracktion tutorial. I was using the demo of that more this weekend and I really like it, so I figured I'd do some screen captures and put together a basic heads up for using GPO with that.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Go Back to forum