• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: melody

Share/Bookmark

Question melody

Hi guys,
    yesterday - while making some popcorn at our local cinema - suddenly this very simple melody appeared in my head.

I´ve listened to lots of music (by gpo users or filmmusic, etc) in the last few weeks and therfore I want to ask you, if you could listen to the melody. Maybe it sounds familiar to you and my subconscious stole it:-)

Thanks a lot. The file is about 300kb.

marco

Re: melody

Nope never heard it before, but I don't listen to 'every' demo that shows up here. Sounds like it could go somewhere nice though, keep at it.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterbox
    Hi guys,
    yesterday - while making some popcorn at our local cinema - suddenly this very simple melody appeared in my head.

I´ve listened to lots of music (by gpo users or filmmusic, etc) in the last few weeks and therfore I want to ask you, if you could listen to the melody. Maybe it sounds familiar to you and my subconscious stole it:-)

Thanks a lot. The file is about 300kb.

marco
    marco,

Nice melody and performance. It reminds me of one of the themes in the Lord of the Rings.

Even the very best film composers are known to subconsiously borrow musical ideas, develop variations and make it unique.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Nice melody and performance. It reminds me of one of the themes in the Lord of the Rings.
    Yeah, it's very similar to the Fellowship Theme.

The first thing that popped into my head was its intense similarity to Shore's music from LOTR, but if you harmonized it differently, it could become quite a different animal. It's a catchy motive and could work really well with some snappy counterpoint. It would be an interesting bass line.

It doesnÕt matter where you might have filched it. Take it. Make it your own. Run with it. Try to create a unique setting for it and all will be forgiven.

Hi Marco,

I agree, at least 7 of 10 Notes are from the LOTR Just kidding about that note-counting. It's beautiful and you should take care to make it your very own.

Malte

Go with it! It's a beautiful melody and you should build on it.
    Styxx

Hi,
    a lot of thanks for your answers.
    All of you are very, very kind and I am really grateful reading your statements.

I´ll give my best to create my own theme:-)

marco

I wouldn't worry if it sounds like some well known melody or such. People make too much of that sort of thing. It's in the nature of music that such and such theme or melody may 'sound like' some famous work or filmscore.

I just wanted to add that here. It seems lately some forum members seem almost self- conscious about using a theme that 'may' be borrowed from someone else's work (which most likely borrowed something from somebody else's work, and so on).

Yes the melody sounds a though it could have come from LOTR, but don't worry. Do something with it and it will be your own.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast