• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Percussion Wish

Share/Bookmark

GPO Percussion Wish

Found myself looking for temple blocks the other day!

-m

Re: GPO Percussion Wish

Quote Originally Posted by Markleford
    Found myself looking for temple blocks the other day!

-m
    That would be very, very nice.

Dennis Burton

Then again, it just might be the easiest instrument of all to replace with a SoundFont!

- m

Quote Originally Posted by Markleford
    Then again, it just might be the easiest instrument of all to replace with a SoundFont!

- m
    If you do, might I suggest "Jam Blocks." They have a clearer tone and sharper attack. Can be manipulated with various mallets and strikers. Which is a whole other ball game we all forget about with percussion instruments! Take timpani. There is one attack tone that I can make out and my guess it was done with a rather dense mallet in most samples. What about the softer mallets which give a whole new timbre to the timpani? And, wood mallets as well? There is soooo much percussionist use to achieve various effects on a single percussion instrument. Marimba, vibes, xilo, glock, tubular bells, chimes, and the list goes on. All and more can be played with various size, thickness, tips (whether nylon or wood or metal brass or steel. Man, I could go on forever. But, I have a feeling you know what I mean.
    Styxx

You may want to look into one of the other percussion libraries available now such as the London Orchestral Percussion library. These have more instruments such 7 or 8 different snares, different mallets, etc. You may need to buy a program such as GigaStudio or Kontakt if you don't already own a soft sampler.

GPO Percussion includes the basics to get you started. Maybe a GPO percussion add-on could be something that is offered in the future.

Talking Re: GPO Percussion Wish

chromatic roto toms dor the Jerry Goldsmith or Stravinsky in you!

Go Back to forum