• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any tips on slurred playback of GPO?

Share/Bookmark

Any tips on slurred playback of GPO?

...in Cubase? I don't have a midi keyboard...any suggestions? I am just learning SX and am a little baffled. I know that if I go into MIDI there is a function for legato but I am not having any luck in what to do next in selecting passages. I transfer midi thats made up in Sibelius but the instructions for playback don't seem to translate.
    I use Kontakt as a VST.

Thanks!
    Mark

Re: Any tips on slurred playback of GPO?

Uh... what exactly do you mean by "selecting passages"?
    You'd get a slur effect in Cubase by selecting the part, going into "piano roll" editor, selecting the range of notes with rectangular selection, selecting "MIDI functions / legato" (not sure where it is in SX) with some overlap (if you're using section strings or ensemble horns) or sustain pedal (if you're using solo woodwinds or other monophonic instruments). More info on how to do it should be found in the Cubase manuals.
    Cheers Matt

Quote Originally Posted by matolen
    ...in Cubase? I don't have a midi keyboard...any suggestions? I am just learning SX and am a little baffled. I know that if I go into MIDI there is a function for legato but I am not having any luck in what to do next in selecting passages. I transfer midi thats made up in Sibelius but the instructions for playback don't seem to translate.
    I use Kontakt as a VST.

Thanks!
    Mark

Go Back to forum