• Register
  • Help

Topic: Deathball Trailer

Share/Bookmark

Deathball Trailer

Hi guys,

I contributed a fast and cinematic action soundtrack for the UT2004 (Epic Games) modification called 'Deathball' (www.deathball.net) by Team Vortex. Deathball is an ego-person futuristic soccer game with much more thrill than Fifa and a potential winner of the "$1.000.000 - Make something unreal" contest (nVIDIA/Epic Games). Click the download link and enjoy 3 minutes of ingame-footage.

http://deathball.net/files/deathball_trailer.zip (DivX 5.11, ~17mb)

stay tuned

Re: Deathball Trailer

cool!
    Let's see if you can win the Phase III as you did in Phase I. Best of luck

btw, I started a thread @ MSUC forums wondering why there's no best music category. if you have not seen it yet it's here
    http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=388424

Hey man,

Let's see how the contest will finish. It's a pity music is more or less NOT an equal subject for the contest 'cause it primary doesn't really influence the level's flow and quality (which is moreover important for the judges). UT(2k4) is a stand-alone multiplayer game and different from singleplayer games, music is not a point of decision to either play or not (players can even turn of the music to prevent any harm)

Additionally, music is not a result of using UT's internal tools.

Otherwise I don't really understand why there are voice and sfx packs. Strange deal ...

It's a pity music is more or less NOT an equal subject for the contest 'cause it primary doesn't really influence the level's flow and quality
    well, visuals don't inluence flow at all and they are extremely considered. And music do contribute to the quality of a level, helps greatly to stablish the mood of the game, and as such is commented in every mod/level review
    UT(2k4) is a stand-alone multiplayer game and different from singleplayer games, music is not a point of decision to either play or not (players can even turn of the music to prevent any harm)
    I don't think music is a point of decision to play any single player game either, and you can turn the music off in one of them too. Of course, in a multiplayer game you eventually end up playing a thousand times to the same level and it's easier to get tired of listening to the same track all the time.
    Additionally, music is not a result of using UT's internal tools
    Skins are made using PS, models and static meshes using 3dsmax or maya, sounds with SF or wavelab, coding using VS... The only thing done with UT tools is mapping and importing. And I've seen whole maps done in maya

On the other hand, MSUC is not only about multiplayer FPS mods. There are single player mods. And matinee films. Take a look at this matinee film and tell me if the music doesn't contribute to its mood and quality
    http://deconstruct3d.spymac.net/journeyNet.mov

Ya I know what you mean. I'm not the one who made the rules. If I could change anything, of course I will lift my fingers for a music section.

So try to continue convincing people at Epic in your linked posting

Go Back to forum