• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Opinions/Feelings/Wishes?

Share/Bookmark

Opinions/Feelings/Wishes?

How do you guys feel about the new layout of categories on the forum, now that you've had a little time to sadjust here?

Would you like to see things changed?

Did you like it better when everything was on one, and we didn't have the seperate Demos section?

Let us know.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Re: Opinions/Feelings/Wishes?

At first I wasnÕt sure that I liked the separation into sections, but now that IÕve gotten used to it, I think itÕs great. A demo gets to stay on the front page for several days now, where before, it would sink into the depths of the long forgotten posts in a matter of a day or two.

I like it. Generally I dislike forums with tons of subcategories, because you spend more time changing your view than reading posts. But 3 or 4 categories makes sense to me. I find it a very logic way of spliting the topics we typically discuss here.

Anton

When I first started using this forum I was surprised it wasn't split into categories. Then I grew to like the 'all in' approach. After the split I wasn't sure I liked it, but now am more than happy with it. I think the categories are just right, and wouldn't want to see any further subdivisions.

Yes I like it as is.

Although the addition of 2 subcategories entitled “Styxx Humor Corner” and “2112’s Fish-Slappin' Musical Torture Chamber”, respectively, would be a most welcome addition.

Oh Alan, might I suggest that you mention in chat annoucements that perhaps people should logg in with same usernames so we know who they are, where they live, ss#,credit history,etc? err....you know what I mean...

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Yeah...I also dig the current layout. Better structure IMO. Good job.

Cheers

Rodney

It's a great new look and setup. Now, what was I going to blast him about?... Oh yeah! I would like to see a refreshment stand! No stupid, that’s at the theatre numb head! Oh, yeah, so anyway, there was this horse and he had six spots on his back and every time a rider would put a saddle on him it would slide off. So, the rider asked the horse, "hey, what gives" and the horse bite the heck out of the rider....

What the heck was that all about!
    I dunno - they read it didn't they?
    Styxx

I like the new forums. The only thing I wish they could fix is when people enter their locations, if it is lengthy, it moves the post off the side of the screen, cutting off the post instead of wrapping the text. Maybe they could make the location field wrap. There's plenty of room to do so. Otherwise they should pos a warning: only viewable with a cinema display. Other than that, I think everyone is settling in quite comfortably.

I hate to disagree, but I'd like to see the demos in one category, but to wrap the rest back into one. Less backtracking just to get to where the meat is.

OTOH, I love the preview on the message headers. Save LOTS of time...

Dasher
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Quote Originally Posted by thesoundsmith
    I hate to disagree, but I'd like to see the demos in one category, but to wrap the rest back into one. Less backtracking just to get to where the meat is.

OTOH, I love the preview on the message headers. Save LOTS of time...

Dasher
    I agree with this comment. I prefer one category. If we want a seperate one to consolidate all the demos..fine with me..though I'd actually love it if those were echoed into the main category as well...
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Go Back to forum