• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Face It: The Right Wing is based solely on Lies

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Face It: The Right Wing is based solely on Lies

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Listening to the recent Chomsky bashing is interesting in light of this weeks events. It has now come out that I and many on the left were right. Torture is US policy. So I think that all of you that denied that this could be true, should apologize here.

Re: Face It: The Right Wing is based solely on Lies

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Phoenix
    It has now come out that I and many on the left were right.
    We knew you'd come around sooner or later.

lol!

I picked up on that one too!

Poor Nick is going to come home from work tonight, anxiously awaiting a thread full of apologies only to discover this rather unfortunate gaffe. Hehe

And it’s a real hum-dinger to! (as we say here in Texas). I am having very vivid images of a man somewhere in California sitting in front of his computer, face in hands, thinking “I need a vacation”.

Well, just remember Nick that you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can, and will, be taken out of context, and used against you in the court of public opinion.

Hehe

Get some sleep there bud.
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Actually, before the right wing nuts get hold of it and mis-use it, let me save them some trouble and add punctuation and word spacing for effect . Note that I have not changed any of the words. This would demonstrate how the right wing propaganda machine works:

Listening to the recent Chomsky bashing is interesting in light of this weeks events.
    It has now come out that I and many on the left were right.

Torture is US policy!!!!
    So I think that all of you that denied that this could be true, should apologize here.

Woa...scarry
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Phoenix
    Listening to the recent Chomsky bashing is interesting in light of this weeks events. It has now come out that I and many on the left were right. Torture is US policy. So I think that all of you that denied that this could be true, should apologize here.
    I never got involved in that conversation myself. But I'd like to say I'm most awfully sorry. Huge appologies. Terribly sorry. That feels so much better.

Torture and mayhem have been British policy for a thousand years during times of conflicting interests. So?

Bush, like his predecessor Clinton, suffers from the dellusion that the office of the Presidency of the United States bears some kind of likeness to the office of King, or of Caesar. And Congress has only helped reinforce that perception. Especially when they abdicated their Constitutional duty by writing Bush a blank check to do whatever he wanted to enforce UN dictates. Repulsive.

The biggest problem with the Constitution is that it didn't define the consequences for violating it.

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    The biggest problem with the Constitution is that it didn't define the consequences for violating it.
    The greater problem occurs when the separate branches of government mutually agree to selectively adhere the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Perhaps the founders assumed the separate branches construct (along with the established parameters for altering the Constitution) would ensure the govt actually did follow the Constitution?

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast