• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOS for EXS II Update Please?

Share/Bookmark

GOS for EXS II Update Please?

Just wanted to know how the EXS version of GOS is coming along and what are the expected timeframes for release ?

Regards, Max67.

Re: GOS for EXS II Update Please?

Max67,

We are well along the way with the various versions of GOS2. We have had some difficulties because some of the features we would like need to be implemented and we're in discussion with Emagic on it. We will keep you posted.

Gary Garritan

After months of sporadic work, I just finished tweaking the imported EXS versions for nearly the entire library. It's not a 100% complete set, but pretty close. I eliminated all the "Warm" patches since they involved Giga filtering, and I eliminated all the patches with release samples since I could never get them to work properly regardless of how I did the translation. The whole job was done in OS9 using EXS's Giga import function, and I modified all the patch names that were truncated during import.

I did fix up all the "EXP" patches, and modified many of the Keyswitch patches for a consistent keyboard layout. I also moved all the violin Alt 88 zones to fit properly onto the keyboard. A good number of the short bowing patches have some bizarre sample offsets or envelopes that need attention, but fixing all of those---many of which may not get used---was too daunting a job, so I left those to be fixed "as needed." Just about all of the Legato patches work will, with a few exceptions in the Bass section.

I'm willing to post the entire set to my FTP if anybody's interested, and if Gary has no objections.

Sean,

Thank you very much. This is quite an undertaking. Simply using the onboard converters is not enough. It takes a great deal of time

Of course I have no objections to posting these on your ftp. And I would be happy to also make them available on our web page and give you full credit.

This is going to be fantastic for EXS234 users.

I don't know how to thank you yet but I'll figure out a way.

Best,

Gary

Thats Great Gary & Co.

I am looking forward to purchasing GOS 2 for EXS.

Will you be announcing it here when it does become available, or do we need to visit your web site ?

Regards, Max67

Quote Originally Posted by seanmccoy
    I'm willing to post the entire set to my FTP if anybody's interested, and if Gary has no objections.
    Sounds great Sean - sounds like Gary gave you the go-ahead. I'd really like to see them since EXS24 is the sampler I use most.

Yes, Gary was more than fine with the idea, and I've posted them to my FTP:

http://www.oregonsound.com/downloads/Garritan%20EXS/

The good news is that it's nearly a complete set. The bad news is that the files aren't zipped and must be downloaded one instrument at a time until either Gary or I can re-organize them. If you do download and use them, please let me know of any instruments you find problems with, and/or send me any fixed versions so I can add them to the complete set.

PM me if you have access to an FTP program and would like the access information.

Go Back to forum