• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 54

Topic: A Marxist feel-good tale

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    A Marxist feel-good tale

    sponsored links


    ***Advertisments***
    'Communist' Zimbabwe Steals All Farmland

    Genocidal left-wing dictator Robert Mugabe, who has already turned Zimbabwe from a breadbasket to a basket case, announced today that he was taking all remaining farmland he hasn't already stolen.

    "There shall be no such thing as private land," decreed John Nkomo, minnister of "land reform," who apparently never heard about similar catastrophic "reforms" imposed by the Soviet Union, Cambodia, Cuba and other communist dictatorships.

    The regime will not "waste time and money" in disputes on seizures of farms whose owners hold deeds and other legal documents, Nkomo said. "Ultimately all land shall be resettled as state property."

    Even black families who in recent years were handed once-successful farms stolen from murdered whites will lose "their" land.

    John Robertson, an economist in Harare, rejected the dictatorship's claim that leases doled out and sold by the regime would serve as collateral for farmers to obtain supplies.

    "The banks aren't going to lend to an individual against a lease that belongs to the state. It doesn't work that way. You can't borrow on the strength of something you don't own," he said.

    "It is a very big step away from a market economy to the communist-style command economy of state control of the factors of production."

    The Stalinesque Mugable once admitted planning to starve millions of those opposing his dictatorship. Stealing every farm in the nation will be a huge boost to that scheme.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Budleigh Salterton
    Posts
    1,477

    Re: A Marxist feel-good tale

    Wes. What's your point?

  3. #3

    Re: A Marxist feel-good tale

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    Wes. What's your point?
    Oh, I don't know....how about Marxism=tyranny?

    -or-

    Marxism=Opression?

    -or-

    Marxism=violence of the powerful against the powerless?

    Take your pick.

  4. #4

    Re: A Marxist feel-good tale

    Quote Originally Posted by wes37
    Oh, I don't know....how about Marxism=tyranny?

    -or-

    Marxism=Opression?

    -or-

    Marxism=violence of the powerful against the powerless?

    Take your pick.
    you can rationalize anything wes

    i am sure for a lot of people around the globe at the moment the

    USA = Violence against people of color black brown purple it doesnt matter what color

    USA = Imperial power will destroy the ecology and enviroment to achieve its end

    USA = Cultural Hegemon with absolutely no respect for human rights on any level Cultural, Social

    USA = Power indiscrimate power, used with no ethical values or moral reasoning

    USA= Death close to 3million in Vietnam alone

    USA= consumerism death of individuality and birth of collectivism (yes i can hear you laughing already wes) but MASS CONFORMITY = COLLECTIVITY

    on and on and on and on

    now you can continue with the predictable responses

    communist, socialist, anti american, anti semite, or what ever else you can think of i am fast developing an imunity

  5. #5

    Re: A Marxist feel-good tale

    Quote Originally Posted by charles
    you can rationalize anything wes

    i am sure for a lot of people around the globe at the moment the

    USA = Violence against people of color black brown purple it doesnt matter what color

    USA = Imperial power will destroy the ecology and enviroment to achieve its end

    USA = Cultural Hegemon with absolutely no respect for human rights on any level Cultural, Social

    USA = Power indiscrimate power, used with no ethical values or moral reasoning

    USA= Death close to 3million in Vietnam alone

    USA= consumerism death of individuality and birth of collectivism (yes i can hear you laughing already wes) but MASS CONFORMITY = COLLECTIVITY

    on and on and on and on

    now you can continue with the predictable responses

    communist, socialist, anti american, anti semite, or what ever else you can think of i am fast developing an imunity
    Don't duck the issue....name one country that practices marxism that isn't either a dictatorship or that doesn't oppress its own people.

    Your comment concerning predictable responses is laughable....you're a broken record (with the noted exception of the times when you ramble so incoherantly that I can't discern what the hell you're talking about).

  6. #6

    Re: A Marxist feel-good tale

    Look you guys can have all these right wing/left wing arguements all day, and discuss on end the advantages/disadvantages of this or that political structure, because in the end it doesn't matter anyway. There is nothing fundementally wrong with any political entity. There is, however, something wrong with mankind. You see, this is where it all breaks down, no matter what. The ideals, the dreams of utopia, the wonderful ideas about equalization, none of it matters once a man gets ahold of power. Everyone has these dreams of a perfect/just society where everyone gets what they want from it, but it doesn't matter because it'll never happen as long as people don't change. There must be something wrong in our DNA that prevents us from not turning into frothing mad idiots once we lay our hands on the throne of power.

  7. #7

    Talking Re: A Marxist feel-good tale

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Look you guys can have all these right wing/left wing arguements all day, and discuss on end the advantages/disadvantages of this or that political structure, because in the end it doesn't matter anyway. There is nothing fundementally wrong with any political entity. There is, however, something wrong with mankind. You see, this is where it all breaks down, no matter what. The ideals, the dreams of utopia, the wonderful ideas about equalization, none of it matters once a man gets ahold of power. Everyone has these dreams of a perfect/just society where everyone gets what they want from it, but it doesn't matter because it'll never happen as long as people don't change. There must be something wrong in our DNA that prevents us from not turning into frothing mad idiots once we lay our hands on the throne of power.
    yes Joseph but around here if you mention the word Social you get the "Social with the lot" Marx, Stalin, Lenin {maybe even John Lennon} Trotksy, colective

    you name it

  8. #8

    Re: A Marxist feel-good tale

    Quote Originally Posted by wes37
    Don't duck the issue....name one country that practices marxism that isn't either a dictatorship or that doesn't oppress its own people.

    Your comment concerning predictable responses is laughable....you're a broken record (with the noted exception of the times when you ramble so incoherantly that I can't discern what the hell you're talking about).
    i cant name one country because no country has ever practised Marxism!!!

    and its a pity you have taken a turn for the worse in your responses (obviously bradies influence), but you still miss the point of what i wrote because you will never except responsibilites for the shortcomings of your own country, if you cant look into the social mirror dont hit out at me or Marxism as an excuse for rationalizing and evading the truth

  9. #9

    Re: A Marxist feel-good tale

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Look you guys can have all these right wing/left wing arguements all day, and discuss on end the advantages/disadvantages of this or that political structure, because in the end it doesn't matter anyway.
    So true Joseph.

    Regarding Zimbabwe, it's a power grab fueled by post-colonial anger. And it's a disaster. What was once a breadbasket is now a shambles. I wouldn't want to live there, or under Stalin, Mao or Saddam. Authoritarianism is a blight.

    Some on the right would equate the communism in Zimbabwe with Social Democracies. This is not true. Zimbabwe is in the extremem upper-left quadrant of the political X-Y map. Social Democracies exist in the moderate lower-left.

    One should not confuse Canada, Iceland, Sweden, Japan, France - in fact most every first world country outside of the US - with Zimbabwe.

    Zimbabwe is not an example of the fate of social democracies. It is an example of a power-hungry leader exploiting the fears and anger of the citizenry.

    When we hear Bush exploiting the fears and angers related to 9-11, picture an American Mugabe.

    Resist authoritarianism.

  10. #10

    Re: A Marxist feel-good tale

    This just whole topic just furthers my point, Robert Mugabe learned just enough about Marxism to get it wrong enough to benefit himself. This is typical of human nature. If you learned about Marxism you would realize, there is nothing fundementally wrong with the idea, its the execution that always leaves a lot to be desired. The same could be said for our backwards @ssed government, which incidently isn't as democratic as everyone thinks it is. We are slowly becoming socialists, tell me I'm wrong. As I said, there isn't anything wrong with the idealistic political entities that we've come up with over the years, its just that there hasn't been anyone incorruptible in power long enough to really show its benefit to the average person.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •