• Register
  • Help

Topic: Where is info on GPO updates posted?

Share/Bookmark

Where is info on GPO updates posted?

I've been away for a few days and I'm trying to figure out where everything is..

Re: Where is info on GPO updates posted?

EJ,

Do a search for “GPO updates” on the General Discussion category. Use the “Search this forum” button (above right), not the “Search” button (top center) for the main forum.

Tom

Exclamation Re: Where is info on GPO updates posted?

What am I missing here? (I did the search and no CLEAR page came up indicating that there was an "update" for GPO somewhere.)

If there IS an update, could someone kindly put the clear page link (for licensed users) somewhere?

Thanks ... Kev

Quote Originally Posted by KevinKauai
    What am I missing here? (I did the search and no CLEAR page came up indicating that there was an "update" for GPO somewhere.)

If there IS an update, could someone kindly put the clear page link (for licensed users) somewhere?

Thanks ... Kev
    Perhaps this will help. It is on the Garritan site.Updates and downloads

Karl

Kevin,

The current version can be located on the Garritan site as Karl stated. Information (in the form of discussions, questions, and answers) can be found by doing a search as I suggested. The next update is being tested now and will be released at the conclusion of testing (no, we haven’t determined when that will be).

Tom

So, how do I tell if I need any one of the updates?
    Styxx

Tom, Thanks! I love this board!! EJ

Smile Re: Where is info on GPO updates posted?

I'm more than a little bit confused (but was perhaps born that way!). If all I am using is GPO as a VST is there anything from all of those updates that I need? I am aware of the Kontakt update(s) [separate matter] but presented with that long list of things on the Garritan.com update page, I think I read through the list and come up with a net ZERO of things I need to use GPO as a VST (in Cubase SX 2).

Kindly correct me if I am mistaken.

tia ... Kev

Kevin,

If you mean the list of things concerning user-supplied utility plugins, changes to ancillary programs like Overture and Studio, etc., then you will need to evaluate if any of these apply to the way you work. If not, then you can safely ignore them. Since it appears that you use the VST version exclusively that may be the case. Just make sure you are using the latest version of the player/library.

Tom

P.S. Some of the clever utility programs (like the key peddler) are very nice and can certainly be used with the VST version of GPO in CubaseSX.

Go Back to forum