• Register
  • Help

Topic: Possible to bypass envelopes? (to make drums samples play their full length)

Share/Bookmark

Question Possible to bypass envelopes? (to make drums samples play their full length)

Hi all,

I use Kontakt player with GPO and Cubase SX as sequencer, and I wonder if it is possible to bypass the envelopes for the drums?

More clearly put, I would like to get the drum samples to play all the way out even though you release the key. This function is very simple to acheive in samplers like HALION (with other drum libraries) where there is a function to bypass the envelopes, but how to do if I use Kontakt player with GPO? Do I have to buy the full Kontakt sampler to be able to make this possible? Or are there some work-around in Cubase SX to filter away note-off messages so that the samples will play their full length regardless of a note-off message?

Thankful for answers!

Regards,

Anders Mahlén

Smile Re: Possible to bypass envelopes? (to make drums samples play their full length)

Oops,

I did not think twice before posting that question. Of course, it was just to put the sustain pedal to normal sustain and use the sustain pedal when recording the drums. I post this so nobody needs to spend time answering.

Next time I will think twice before posting. As a new user myself, I can here though take the opportunity to thank all of you who take time to help new users with different questions. Already from reading different threads, I have learned quite many things.

All the best,

Anders Mahlén

Re: Possible to bypass envelopes? (to make drums samples play their full length)

Welcome Anders!

I make it a point to read as many threads as possible and yours is no exception. As a concussionist, any time someone posts a topic pertaining to percussion I always jump on it with enthusiasm.
    Nice to have you aboard!
    Styxx

Re: Possible to bypass envelopes? (to make drums samples play their full length)

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Welcome Anders!

I make it a point to read as many threads as possible and yours is no exception. As a concussionist, any time someone posts a topic pertaining to percussion I always jump on it with enthusiasm.
    Nice to have you aboard!
    Styxx, you have to be one of the most happy persons on the planet lol! So full of spunk and the constant friendly joking side You have an unforgetable personality.(thats a compliment)
    Nicole Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole
    Styxx, you have to be one of the most happy persons on the planet lol! So full of spunk and the constant friendly joking side You have an unforgetable personality.(thats a compliment)
    Why thank you Nicole.
    BTY - Which planet are we talking about here?

Now how much do I owe you?.......
    Styxx

Go Back to forum