• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: GPO Video Tutorial--Any Interest?

Share/Bookmark

GPO Video Tutorial--Any Interest?

Howdy all!

I for one would love to see a GPO Tutorial Video that covers how to integreate GPO into the most common sequencers, how to best use GPO, how to use harp packets, etc. What do ya'll think?

Gary: If you build it, I will come (so to speak).

Re: GPO Video Tutorial--Any Interest?

Quote Originally Posted by wes37
    Howdy all!

I for one would love to see a GPO Tutorial Video that covers how to integreate GPO into the most common sequencers, how to best use GPO, how to use harp packets, etc. What do ya'll think?

Great idea Wes; something for Gary to do in his free time!

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by wes37
    Howdy all!

wes37,

We will build it.

We have been working on such a tutorial but it is taking a little longer than expected.

If you or anyone elae have suggestions of what they would like to see in a tutorial, please let us know.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    wes37,

We will build it.

We have been working on such a tutorial but it is taking a little longer than expected.

If you or anyone elae have suggestions of what they would like to see in a tutorial, please let us know.

Gary Garritan
    Perhaps you could put a survey on your website so that users could indicate what they'd like to see in the tutorial? Personally, I'd like to see how to integrate GPO with Cubase SX2 and Sibelius, but I don't know how common these are with GPO users. I'd also like information on how to use harp packets and how to use the keyboard to best manipulate the sounds.

Since there's always questions about using the harp packets, I think including them in a video tutorial would be invaluable.

Jeff

Mr. Garritan,

This is a great idea. Maybe you could also put a sneak peak of the up and coming add-on packs with it. Just a small clip! :-)

OK, now I've gone and done it...

Jonny

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Lost
    Mr. Garritan,

This is a great idea. Maybe you could also put a sneak peak of the up and coming add-on packs with it. Just a small clip! :-)

OK, now I've gone and done it...

Jonny
    Add-on packs? What's the story?

I'd be particularly interested if the video tutorial showed very specific techniques for getting GPO to sound like different kinds of orchestration scenarios. I would not be as interested in a video about how to startup GPO, how to configure it, etc.. The manual explains all that quite well. But some of the stuff...like practically speaking...how to go about building a string ensemble out of solo strings....for example....a video showing it done..with all the details of the various CC's, etc... This would be pretty helpful...along with lots of other techniques that people have been figuring out...

Additional tips about making the midi performance sound more convincing, etc..

-steve
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Hi Gary, I dont know how far you have progressed with the technical details but I had to produce a set of video tutorials for the Music for the College in London.

I used the Tech Smith screen capture program (the same one Dave Govett used for the Giga mastery series) and captured at 5 frames per second. The frame rate can be kept really low as most of the time, the only thing moving is a mouse or a window dragging.

The Tech Smith program requires that the user have the Techsmith codec to view the content, so perhaps Quicktime (as the final file format) might be an idea as it is cross-platform.

Just a few thoughts.

Regards,

Scott.
    ---------------------------
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com
    ---------------------------

I don't want to ruin your excitement, but do you guys really find video tutorials helpful? Personally I like step-by-step guides with pictures better. Why? Because with the video you always have to stop it, switch around, search in the video file (often with clumsy controls since the video format can only be played by a custom player). In a written guide with pictures you can read around, scroll around, look at the pics....

So what I would have liked when I was new to GPO is to have a choice of BOTH! Now that would've been great. But it means a lot of work for you...

Go Back to forum