• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Dream.

Share/Bookmark

The Dream.(about the GPO contest)

Sorry, move down one...not enough sleep. It's not all there. But you'll get the gist of it.
    Last edited by Styxx; 06-03-2004 at 11:42 AM. Reason: change the title
    Styxx

Waking this morning after a ruff night and just a couple of hours of sleep. Working till 3am on my musical and filling my head with a couple of paragraphs from Adler's book. Or was it Schoenbergs? Oh god I am over tierd.
    Let's make this short.
    The Dream - We were all in this huge grand concert hall. The stage was filled with every instrument of the orchestra and their respective musicians. I find myself shaking someone's hand and receiving a big smile. Faces of fellow GPOers are flashing by me and saying hello. I am wearing my tails. An outfit I haven't had on since I conducted The Sound of Music in 1994. Ira sits next to me wearing his tails as well. He opens a score but I can't quite focus on the notes or the words printed. They say that you cannot read while dreaming and its apparently true. There is a name at the top of the score. I can make out flashes of print and Ira points out a discrepancy in (of all places) the percussion. In an instant, the hall gets quiet and a man approaches the podium. It's non other than Gary and the hall fills with applauds and cheers. He makes announcement but is quickly cut off buy someone (a female voice) asking where her shirt is. Gary runs to Alan, Alan rushes into the seats and throws several hundred shirts into the audience. Ira is replaced by another man sitting next to me with one GREEN eye (guess who)

Ok, quickly - The orchestra plays several known works by Rossini, Debussy, and Beethoven and was conducted by Ira (I think). Next the musicians put down their instruments and pick up laptops. Two people roll out a grand piano and there is a keyboard controller, two small monitors, and a PC sitting on the piano cover above the key cover that is closed. (Why they needed the grand in the first place is beyond me). Alan takes the conductors position wearing his GPO shirt and Gary moves to a mic. "And now, the winner of the first annual...." suddenly I hear the William Tel Overture. It's my alarm clock and reality sets in.
    Styxx

Hmm, I told myself I would get something done today and here I am surfing this board again. Thats a very, interesting, dream I have always been fond of dreaming. I dont know why but none of my dreams rarely ever make sense and usually are very goofy. Last night , for instance, I was with my best friend and we were in a "dorm" of all things and just goofed off.

Unless im being gullable and your joking with us??!
    Nicole Davis

Goodmorning Nicole.

No, no joke. It was a dream. There is more to it if I could remember as well and we all know how that goes.
    You're up early!
    I have more Barbie jokes but I have to weed out the profanity.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Goodmorning Nicole.

No, no joke. It was a dream. There is more to it if I could remember as well and we all know how that goes.
    You're up early!
    I have more Barbie jokes but I have to weed out the profanity.
    Im always up early I love dawn. One of the first things I do is take a long walk thru the park before I face the day.

Oh, hmm missed that completely. If your worried about offending with some swear words dont be. I wasnt born in a little house on the prairie setting lol
    Nicole Davis

Ah, yes the mornings cool fresh air and pleasant quiet surroundings during a walk in the park. For me, the sound of the ocean would be nice in the morning. A walk on the sand and the sounds of seagull’s overhead. Oops! Right on the head! All of a sudden the smell of fish on the beach and glass at my feet! Aaaa Forget the seagulls and never mind the beach its back to the park.
    Now, you were saying....
    Styxx

They are all gone...

It's after 11pm and I thought I would check the forum to see who may be on. They are all gone. Like an amusement park after hours. You can still hear the echo of the people laughing and screaming while the rides whip them insanely around the fair grounds. Smell of cotton candy lingers in the air mixed with popcorn and fried dough. Ooo...someone there? No, just the sound of a night owl in the foreground. They are all gone...
    Styxx

Very poetic, but doesn't apply to me. I only get about 3 hours of sleep a night so I'm always on.

Styxx....weren't you the one who had a melody in your head driving you crazy?

Maybe you just need a nice and very long vacation?

Cheers

Rodney

Re: The Dream.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Glenn
    Styxx....weren't you the one who had a melody in your head driving you crazy?

Maybe you just need a nice and very long vacation?

Cheers

Rodney
    No, that was a MELON in my hand that went moldy. A Vacation, What's that?
    Styxx

Go Back to forum