• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Enron Caught on Tape

Share/Bookmark

Enron Caught on Tape

sponsored links

***Advertisments***

The United Nations and Red Cross have been providing cover for terroists_literally, and American taxpayers are footing the bill.

Terroists have been using red cross /UN ambulances to shuttle arms, weapons..and to use as escape get away vehicles after carrying out terroists attacks.

AccessMiddleEast.org, a nonprofit global news monitoring service, posted the video (shot by Reuters TV cameraman) on it's website last week.

e.tln0.com/ame/archives/reuters_UN_ambulances_11_may_04.wmv

It didn't warrant one news story here in the US. Did you see this anywhere else in the world?

The US provides 1/3 of the total budget for the UNRWA relief agency. And they are using it...as cover for terroist operations. They are doing the same thing in Iraq. You can clearly see the redcross and blue UN on the ambulance..and see the terroists piling into it..after their attack

Wafa Idris, the female sucide bomber in Jerusalem (Jan 2002)..."also" coincidently was the medical secretary for the Palestinian Red Cresecent Society (PRCS) which is funded by guess who?

A little contrast in perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Phoenix
    Nick, I won't debate whether Enron actually did or didn't fix the market, so don't get me wrong with my question, but doesn't the tape transcription there sound a bit like the controversal chat room "Publication" that happened here on NSS back in October/November to you?

Rob

dcornutt, thanks for the info! This is important stuff that doesn't ever get mentioned here in the US. We are fed a very slanted version of what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Wright
    dcornutt, thanks for the info! This is important stuff that doesn't ever get mentioned here in the US. We are fed a very slanted version of what is happening.
    Slanted. yes. Brady, are you nuts? Do you actual believe we are getting some kind of liberal viewpoint in this war? The press is pretty much locked out of Iraq. We get almost entirely press releases from the administration. They let us know as little as possible. We can't even see the coffins! What kind of freedom is that? They are trying to tell us that the resistance in Iraq is coming from terrorists. That's a lie. Outright lie. All the non-corporate media is reporting huge resistance from average Iraqis. Terrorists, or rather Iraqi resstance, using the red cross is a problem for sure, but it might be a small problem or a widespread one. Who knows? Probably small because the regime hasn't complained about it yet. But I do agree that is good to hear a real story from this hidden and very ugly war. This war is wrong and only has the goal of giving the US control over Iraqi resources and giving the US more control over the region. It's a disaster that has killed possibly 50,000 Iraqis. the US will embrace any leader that will play ball, even if he is more brutal than Saddam.

Slanted. yes. Brady, are you nuts? Do you actual believe we are getting some kind of liberal viewpoint in this war? The press is pretty much locked out of Iraq. We get almost entirely press releases from the administration. They let us know as little as possible. We can't even see the coffins! What kind of freedom is that? They are trying to tell us that the resistance in Iraq is coming from terrorists. That's a lie. Outright lie. All the non-corporate media is reporting huge resistance from average Iraqis. Terrorists, or rather Iraqi resstance, using the red cross is a problem for sure, but it might be a small problem or a widespread one. Who knows? Probably small because the regime hasn't complained about it yet. But I do agree that is good to hear a real story from this hidden and very ugly war. This war is wrong and only has the goal of giving the US control over Iraqi resources and giving the US more control over the region. It's a disaster that has killed possibly 50,000 Iraqis. the US will embrace any leader that will play ball, even if he is more brutal than Saddam.
    Nick exactly, Brady why is that you refuse to see the obvious? you criticise the left, but where else could you possibly go to get views that are not part of a media that for the most part are in collusion with the elite in your country, and are in a very real sense responsible for crimes of gigantic proportions, Nick has already pointed out how you focus on Michael Moore, but even if Michael Moore is not a perfect human being what has he done that could compare with what the neo- liberals in the Bush adminstation have tried to do, nothing less than declare war on the planet, with their imperial manifesto the PNAC

Do you actual believe we are getting some kind of liberal viewpoint in this war?
    Yes. While I disagree with the war too, it is for different reasons I think. But bearing that in mind, it’s impossible to ignore the fact that all we ever hear in the media is how set against the war the public is, how we’re failing miserably, how we’re doing nothing but torturing people and slaughtering wedding parties, etc. Ask a soldier what they think. I’ve seen several soldiers who’ve come back and are amazed at how slanted the coverage is; how they think they’re completely focusing on the negatives but never report the positive developments, or for that matter they never report facts that would tend to justify the US or paint Iraqis in the least bit of a negative light.

The press is pretty much locked out of Iraq. We get almost entirely press releases from the administration.
    Sorry, Nick, that’s simply not true. While I’m against the war, I do have to be honest, and saying that we only get US press releases is simply and dumbfoundingly false. Can you not see that if that were true we’d be getting much more glowing reports of what’s going on over there? We’d be seeing pictures of soldiers kissing babies and handing out lollipops – that sort of thing. Clearly that is not the case (Abu Gharib, anyone?)

We can't even see the coffins!
    Yes, this is true. But that hardly constitutes what you allege.

All the non-corporate media is reporting huge resistance from average Iraqis.
    As in Al Jazeera? Or are you talking about Democracy Now and FSTV? If the latter, you should realize that Al Jazeera and Al Arabiya (among other Arab news sources) are where they get most of their anti-US news. And guess what, Nick? Al Jazeera and friends are anything but objective! They have an agenda, make no mistake. They’re anti-US and they don’t mind lying here and there or selectively reporting the facts to advance their anti-US cause. I hold anything I hear from them at arm’s length – much like everything I hear from any media.

BTW, many of these “average Iraqis” who are doing the fighting, after defeated, our troops find that they’re all dressed alike, same shoes, same clothes, everything, and they all have the same knives, survival kits, etc, as if they’re being supplied and outfitted by somebody. Now this could be false, but the contrary may be false too. The point is, I have no way to know which is true and which is false, and neither do you. Yet you insist that one story is true and the other is false simply because it agrees with your viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by charles
    Nick exactly, Brady why is that you refuse to see the obvious? you criticise the left, but where else could you possibly go to get views that are not part of a media that for the most part are in collusion with the elite in your country
    Guess what, charles? The elite in my country are “LEFTISTS”! Very few of them are actual “conservatives”.

Re: Enron Caught on Tape

Brady, I am sorry to say that you are just completely wrong about everything in your last post. I no longer believe that you are being honest with us. I think you support everything that is bad in the current administration and probably think they are too liberal. I think the problems you have with the Bush administration are minor, and in reality, you would like to see a hard [nss][nss][nss] version of Bush in office. This conclusion is very clear to me now after reading 200 posts of yours.

Guess what, charles? The elite in my country are ńLEFTISTSî! Very few of them are actual ńconservativesî.
    You're confusing "intelligent" with "elite." The "liberal elite" that's hyped up by Rush Limbaugh-type morons doesn't exist. Probably what they're thinking of is educated types who also believe in things like funding the arts (even when they're controversial). Gore Vidal might be their anti-poster boy.

Forbes would be the anti-poster boy for the conservative elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Wright
    Originally Posted by Nick Phoenix
    The press is pretty much locked out of Iraq. We get almost entirely press releases from the administration.

Sorry, Nick, that’s simply not true. While I’m against the war, I do have to be honest, and saying that we only get US press releases is simply and dumbfoundingly false. Can you not see that if that were true we’d be getting much more glowing reports of what’s going on over there? We’d be seeing pictures of soldiers kissing babies and handing out lollipops – that sort of thing. Clearly that is not the case (Abu Gharib, anyone?)
    Brady, again do you really think any of this so called news and pictures suprises anyone who has been reading intelligent articles regarding the whole phoney pretext of this war, 6 months before the war even started!!!

sure they are letting some of these stories out now, probably becuase they have no choice but to give some picture of the reality the occupation has been taking purely to maintain even what little credibility they have, but why didnt the media give the facts and intelligent articles that could of prevented the war in the first place? the damage has been done.

The media is forced to give appearances of objectivity, that is standard routine. The truth remains, the media in your country have not been offering the American people objective coverage from a wide range of sources, for the most part it is controlling the sources it allows to attain wide circulation and obstructing sources that conflict with the policies of the administration, and as i said for proof why didnt they allow greater coverage of articles by so many people on the left that predicted the outcomes of this war and its true motives, not almost 2 years later!!! but as it happens

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast