• Register
  • Help

Topic: DFH Superior & SONAR [NO SOUND]

Share/Bookmark

DFH Superior & SONAR [NO SOUND]

Hi SONAR-Users out there... and especially those that use the new DFH Superior PlugIn... I get the midi to be sent to DFH. I see the pads light up, BUT: I can not get a sound. All other soft-synths inside SONAR I hear the sound... what might I be doing wrong?

thankx in advance

Harry

Well I'm afraid I'm a Cubase user, but if you can forgive that...

Are you absolutely sure you've finished loading DFHS? I don't know how it works in Sonar, but in Cubase you would normally just place a Virtual Instrument in the rack, [nss][nss][nss]ign a MIDI channel to output to it and start playing.

With DFHS there are several more stages. You select it in the Virtual Instrument Rack. What pops up appears like a typical plug-in but is in fact a page allowing you to build a kit (or select a default one). Once you've picked your drums and clicked continue, you could be forgiven for thinking the next page was the plug-in itself - it has the names of your selected drums down the left hand side and everything, and I think it has a light for MIDI activity. But, in fact, this is the page where you get to select how many mics you hear each drum through. When you click continue on this page then the samples will actually load, and the Plug-in will appear as a set of drum pads.

I'm sure you've already realised all of this, but, being from the school of 'finding-out-how-it-works-without-ever-opening-the-manual' I made the mistake of thinking I'd be able to play at every stage of this kit building process.

Cooooool...

that you answer Pingu,

after initially not even being able to load kits (as I had opened other plugins first, which took away the RAM) I now get to the pad page and even see the pads light up (blue) as midi data is send.

The problem I face now is: I can not hear anything. I have a midi track in sonar that triggers DFH and an audio track that takes Drummer output in and my soundcard as out. BUT: no sound to hear.

I feel a bit silly. It should be easy to get resolved but I have no clue how... I sure have no difficulty with you being a Cubase user, but maybe a SONAR user had a similar problem and knows how to get it solved???

thankx again

Harry

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by oldh
    that you answer Pingu,

after initially not even being able to load kits (as I had opened other plugins first, which took away the RAM) I now get to the pad page and even see the pads light up (blue) as midi data is send.

The problem I face now is: I can not hear anything. I have a midi track in sonar that triggers DFH and an audio track that takes Drummer output in and my soundcard as out. BUT: no sound to hear.

I feel a bit silly. It should be easy to get resolved but I have no clue how... I sure have no difficulty with you being a Cubase user, but maybe a SONAR user had a similar problem and knows how to get it solved???

thankx again

Harry
    Well, I use Sonar and DFHS so I know it works.

Are you using it as a re-wire device or VST?

Brian

Re: DFH Superior & SONAR [NO SOUND]

Hi Brian,

I try to use it as VST. Rewire works?

How do you setup in- & output parameter in SONAR???

thankx in advance

Harry

Re: DFH Superior & SONAR [NO SOUND]

Hi!

www.toontrack.com -----
    There you will find a forum which is very informative about Superior, you can go directly to the "Tips and Workarounds" part of the forum where you will find a good flash movie about how to set the VST up in Sonar!

Make sure that you have the latest version of the superior software!

Go Back to forum