• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Action demo - Trek Inspired

Share/Bookmark

New Action demo - Trek Inspired

I have a new demo track I thought I would share with you all. This cue was scored to a Star Trek scene from Voyager...so I tipped my hat a couple times to Jerry.

It is called \"Trek Captured\".

Click Here to open my music page from www.brianralston.com

Click on the Action Adventure cues -> Then the trek captured cue. It will stream a high quality MP3 in flash after a brief load period. This should make it easily available to everyone. Having flash is the only requirement.

Edit: forgot to list the libraries used.

A little bit of everything really, and some real...

Stormdrum (both Intakt loops and Kompakt instruments)
    Ultimate Percussion
    Sonic Implants Symphonic Strings
    Vintaudio C7 Piano
    Brass and woodwinds are real players suplimented with a little Sam Brass here and there.
    Prosonus String Fx
    A few other random percussion things here and there.....there is a lot of percussion on this piece.

Re: New Action demo - Trek Inspired

Nice track. I especially like the brass punches. You\'ve captured the \'Trek\' experience quite nicely.

James T. (Dasher) Quirk (actually, back when i was selling Apples for a living, I sold one to a Naval Postgraduate student named Capt. James Quirk - he admitted he got ribbed a LOT...

I`ve just listened to all the Action Cues and they`re all great .
    I really liked , \"Rocketman to the Rescue\" the most . I really loved the
    sound and the Orchestration . What Sample libraries
    did you use in this one ? I assume the Brass`s are all real .
    Or maybe theres a little bit of Samples in there.
    And also , what book did you use for learning orchestration and
    voiceings ?

Sorry for all the questions :P

Veron

Thanks guys for the kind comments. Thanks for listening.

Veron....my \"Rocketman to the Rescue\" cue was recorded with an 89 piece orchestra. So it is 100% live. It is the USC symphony. I was a grad student at the USC Film Scoring Program a few years ago. So I had the opportunity to rehearse and conduct some things with them. With that cue, I had 20 minutes to rehearse, conduct & record them. I was very pleased.

So there are no samples there.

The tribal chase cue is all samples. The High Wire Act is live winds, brass & percussion, with sampled strings and more sampled percussion layered.

I have studied orchestration with a few people, but the most influential was Steven Scott Smalley (who has worked with Elfman on Batman and his early stuff, and Alan Silvestri). I also had the opportunity to study with his father at USC, Jack Smalley. I have learned so much from the 2 of them. And also...a lot by trial and error.

[ QUOTE ]
    Thanks guys for the kind comments. Thanks for listening.

Veron....my \"Rocketman to the Rescue\" cue was recorded with an 89 piece orchestra. So it is 100% live. It is the USC symphony. I was a grad student at the USC Film Scoring Program a few years ago. So I had the opportunity to rehearse and conduct some things with them. With that cue, I had 20 minutes to rehearse, conduct & record them. I was very pleased.

So there are no samples there.

The tribal chase cue is all samples. The High Wire Act is live winds, brass & percussion, with sampled strings and more sampled percussion layered.

I have studied orchestration with a few people, but the most influential was Steven Scott Smalley (who has worked with Elfman on Batman and his early stuff, and Alan Silvestri). I also had the opportunity to study with his father at USC, Jack Smalley. I have learned so much from the 2 of them. And also...a lot by trial and error.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, your orchestration and a live orchestra, no wonder it sounds so great
    And also learning from talented people .

I really like both of them , Elfman and Alan Silvestri . And it must of been a
    great experience to learn from him , whom worked with two great composers .

Thank you for your reply

Veron

Go Back to forum