• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO REVIEW at TRAXMUSIC.org

Share/Bookmark

GPO REVIEW at TRAXMUSIC.org

A thorough review of GPO by Devon Brent can be viewed at Traxmusic. Here is the link:

http://www.traxmusic.org/reviews.shtml
    (under \"Software Review\")

Gary Garritan

Re: GPO REVIEW at TRAXMUSIC.org

Very appropriate review I think.

Great review...I especially agree with this...

I cannot emphasize enough on how wonderful the extended support is out of the box, and while I’ve personally seen the smaller developers go the extra mile to help their customers, Garritan has taken this to a whole new level. That takes a lot of work and dedication to your customer base, and I commend him on his actions to giving the customer a reason to want to buy the library outside the samples alone.

...and this...

Most of us would be contented with just the sample library alone for the price, but Gary has really gone the extra mile to make this open to anyone who hasn’t made any previous musical purchases before.

...and this...

This is the part where GPO shines brightest is its user community fostered by the developer to make your whole experience with the library an actual experience of joy rather than sheer frustration. The price tag alone of $249 is certainly a lot cheaper than a college course to get you started. Taking a look through the website, you are given access to tutorials, scores you can work with within whatever sequencer you have, and quite a few new tools have been built for the library by other helpful people in the neighborhood. I’ve never seen this sense of ‘community’ like I have with GPO, and that alone is worth the price of admission for anyone who’s new or just like to dabble in writing orchestral music.

Heck, the whole review is excellent

Devon is very perceptive in noting that it\'s not just the product--it\'s everything (and everyone )that comes with it!

I have had such fun using GPO and hanging out here~

Jim \"Grading finals=depressing but done; GPO=big fun\" Williams

PS--as threatened, \"Snorlax Live Euphonium Part Deux: Classical Snorlax\" will appear shortly.

Oes rhywun yma \'n siarad Cymraeg??

This was actually a very good review, not just because it was positive about the product we all have bought, but because it covered all the angles and added value you get from GPO (as Snorlax is saying). Very well written and thought-through piece by DevonB who is also a member of this forum!

Very nice DevonB, very nice indeed...

Go Back to forum