• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Soundtrack gig... wish me luck!

Share/Bookmark

Soundtrack gig... wish me luck!

Hey all,

At the risk of throwing a jinx on this... *sounds of me knocking on wood*

A director in my area called me out of the blue after finding my portfolio online. It seems they are in need of a composer for their indie film, and liked what they heard. I met him in person on Saturday, and we seemed to hit it off. He gave me a DVD with completed scenes, and it actually looks pretty darn good! They want to finish it in time to hit Sundance... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Anyway, my \"audition\" is nigh. He wants to see two sample scenes, and as of last night, one is done. I\'ll be trying to finish up the second tonight. So far, it\'s all GPO, but I\'ll be throwing in a lot of other crazy stuff later.

So wish your fellow GPOer luck. I\'ve been sitting on my butt for 12 years now, and this drops in my lap. I hardly feel deserving, but plan on earning it as I go along.

Oh, and by the way... THANKS FOR MY FAVORITE TOOL, GARY!

Re: Soundtrack gig... wish me luck!

congratz! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Good luck, Jamie!

-- Martin

[ QUOTE ]
    So wish your fellow GPOer luck. I\'ve been sitting on my butt for 12 years now, and this drops in my lap. I hardly feel deserving, but plan on earning it as I go along.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ahhhh, Skysaw! I have my fingers and toes crossed for you and wish you all the greatest with your fortune! I have a good feeling you will be fine! Very nice! Thanks for posting your good fortune. Made my day!

PS - I had to run down the hall to the shop tech class in order to find a piece of real wood to knock on for ya! I hear if another knocks on wood for your benefit, it\'s good luck!

BREAK A LEG!!!!!

Will you be able to post some of this work or? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Skysaw,

That is awesome. I can\'t wait to see what you come up with. Please keep us informed.

Congratulations
    Jonny
    www.jonnylostinc.com [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

good luck, jamie.
    yes let us hear what you\'ve written.

slan

mick o c

That\'s great Jamie !

Keep us posted !

Ron

Jamie,

That\'s wonderful news. Hope you get the gig Your music is outstanding and people have been raving about your demos on the GPO site. It\'s no surprise that a director would love your music.

We wish you all the very best. Hope you win a Sundance award too!

Gary Garritan

Good luck Jamie. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers

Rodney

That is fantastic news Jamie....you must be over the moon! Especially \'delicious\' when it\'s such a surprise.

Let\'s hope that this is just the start. Everyone can use a lucky break.....make the most of it! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Frank

Go Back to forum