• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: PMI Steinway D Kontakt Real pedal updates

Share/Bookmark

PMI Steinway D Kontakt Real pedal updates

Real Pedal behaviour update patches available for PMI GRANDIOSO STEINWAY D.
    Xavier Bidault created extra real-pedal updates for the PMI Steinway D Kontakt library. He did a great job, creating a multi with seperate instruments for the black and white keys pedal up and pedal down plus an extra release layer instrument. See the image below.
    To regulate each note he created seperate monophonic voice groups for each key so the filter settings and velocity scaling of each note could be perfectly matched.

There are two variations: The one shown below and a brighter patch (some extra hi freq).
    The link to this update is: Postpiano Update Section

Thanks Xavier!

Re: PMI Steinway D Kontakt Real pedal updates

Hi all,

More than creating one monophonic voice group for each key (which effectively give us the opportunity to apply very sharp settings), this idea come from the need to improve the string behavior with repeated notes while sustain pedal is down. When you play a note on a piano, with pedal down, then play this same note again, softer, the previous one fade (more or less quickly) to let the new one sounding. That\'s what happens in \"pedal up\" racks.

About \"pedal down\" rack, they intend to recreate the sympathetic resonance and realtime sustain, still with the idea of one monophonic voice group per key.

The fade between the note, especially from louder to softer, has been the object of all my attention, always with the worry to keep intact the sympathetic resonance.

The B290 update in the same way is coming soon...

Here is a link to mp3 demos of my patch.

[ QUOTE ]
    Here is a link to mp3 demos of my patch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Xavier,

As a pianist a should say that you have done a great discover ! I love the Bos 290 demo with your patch !

I\'ve never hear the Bos 290 like this !

My door is open to work together to reprogram the Galaxy and the Eastwest Steinway B.

We can do (both) a great job !

And your method save CPU and memory !

I\'ve understand that Kontakt 1.52 as a full power with voice group, dimension... I don\'t know if Gigastudio 3 can do such effect !

i\'m testing your idea.

We have to thank Xavier and M. Post to search to program real piano behaviour.
    It\'s what i try to do. And i will post a variation of the Galaxy if Xavier give me his agreement !

Good work Xavier !

Regards,

Olivier

Will your patch be for the B290 Plug as well? I play it through Kontakt.

Thanks,
    Brian [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I don\'t konw it the patch can be used with kompakt. Many tweaks available in kontakt 1.5.2 are not in kompakt.
    But if you use kontakt to launch the B290 plug, i think it\'s ok.
    Perhaps Michel Post know more about this.

Hi,
    This programming feature will be used in the next update for the PMI Bos290 plug-in. It\'s a matter of porting the programming tricks to another (but very similar) engine, which is possible but will take some more time to finish.

In general: the Kontakt patches that you create for KOMPAKT plug-ins (after loading them in Kontakt) cannot be loaded in the plug-in software. We have to encode them first and adjust certain parameters in order to keep all functions the same. Although they are both .nki files the architecture of each file is slightly different.

Thanks Michiel!

I look forward to that.
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Brian

Hi,
    Here is the latest update for the Steinway D.
    I spent more time to improve release layer, to have a better staccato and legato.

Michiel,
    Does kompakt support, for example, volume controled by key position, with special V-form response? Because i used it in the release rack of my B290 patch.

Go Back to forum