• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO in a lounge context:piece up for comments

Share/Bookmark

GPO in a lounge context:piece up for comments

hey all. I decided to try to build a small ensemble of solo strings to see how they sound like. It\'s 1 Stradivarius violin, Strad ens1+2, viola+ens1, cello, and bass. So, I could load all of this in 1 instance of GPO. Apart from how I used the solo strings, they just sound magnificent. Actually the small ensemble built from the solos seem to work better in \"band\" form contexts. (cuts better through the mix) Ended up not using the bass at all tho.

http://www.planetz.com/Pulsar/files/music/tane1.mp3

It\'s a reall chill out tune so leave it on and go do something else. There\'s a part in the violin solo where it does some \"fake\" sounding moves, but don\'t worry about it. It\'s a chill tune, you\'re not supposed to be listening for details. hehe.

Re: GPO in a lounge context:piece up for comments

I really dig this. Thanks for sharing...

I reeeally like this. It reminds me of what John Keane does for some of his C.S.I. interludes. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

thnx for your time guys. It\' too bad we don\'t get CSI here in Japan. Maybe I should check out the video store to see if they have any DVDs.

Oh, really? I thought they were already showing it! Maybe I was thinking of something else...

Suguro-san, I liked your piece! Was all that percussion GPO\'s? I thought that was very well done!

maybe they\'re showing it on NHK, not sure. The percussion\'s from SampleTank2. The djembe is compressed (or more like limited), EQed, and then overdriven. SampleTank2 XL\'s orchestra sounds are totally whack by the way. Only usefull for \"pad\" purposes I thought, unless I\'m doing something terribly wrong.

Cool, you\'re from yokohama!

Nice! This could definitely be used for a beautiful love seen. Very relaxing and intimate.

OH COME ON GUYS! KEEP IT CLEAN! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Great work!

The string parts are well done and expressive. The solo violin is very believeable. I\'m grooving to it right now.

Very cool piece. I really enjoyed it!

-- Martin

Very nice, I like it a lot. Any loops in there, or is all the percussion sequenced? Anything live recorded?

What software do you use for sequencing drums? Just the drum editor in a sequencer, or do you use dedicated rhythm software (Fruityloops, Reason, etc.).

The strings sound quite good, even convincing--I think the layered solo approach in GPO is the one of the most flexible and realistic solutions for sustained string sounds.

It\'s especially nice to hear some intimate, realistic strings in an ambient/trip-hop sort of setting... Normally the strings in this type of music are cheesy dry proteus patches.

i look forward to hearing more from you,
    chris.

Go Back to forum