• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigastudio replacment

Share/Bookmark

Gigastudio replacment

Hi folks,
    I would like to use a software sampler via vst, because since I own EWQLSO, I know how comfortable a vst sampler is to use. gigastudio is going to stress me ;-).
    I have some giga* libraries (Ethno World 2, Dan Dean Solo Woodwinds Lite, ..) so a good giga import is important. I searched the forum and read about many import problems with kontakt, halion and so on.

Is a sampler out there, which has only very few problems in reference to giga import problems ? Are there many import problems between the kontakt and halion standard ? Beside of that I like kontakt very much, but I don\'t really know halion and the new motu sampler mach5.

regards, cornelius

Re: Gigastudio replacment

Corn, Kontakts 1.5.2 import has improved alot. theres still a couple giga issues but nothing \' major\". Halion 3 (due soon) is supposed to resolved most of thes giga import issues so look out for that..Rich

GS3 will support rewire, so you will be able to use that from a sequncer like SX or similair.

ok, thanks for your answers, but I have a question to giga rewire. do I need a gisf driver to use giga over rewire in cubase ?

Yes, you need a soundcard that supports Gigastudio, which all professional soundcards do.

Maybe I wrote my last post a bit confusingly.

I have a separate gigastudio DAW, I know that I need a gisf driver to use gigastudio ;-) - but with my new fast Computer I can get enough voices. So I searched for a sampler, which can be used parallel to my sequencer at my main DAW.

Know I have the problem that my main DAW haven\'t got gisf drivers ( the new EMU-Soundcard) - thats why I ask my last post ;-).

I have to correct myself, I just learnt that using Gigastudio 3 with rewire you don\'t need GSIF drivers.

[ QUOTE ]
    ok, thanks for your answers, but I have a question to giga rewire. do I need a gisf driver to use giga over rewire in cubase ?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. GS3 will search to see if there\'s a GSIF driver on your PC Cubase sequencer. If it doesn\'t find it, GS3 immediately goes into Rewire mode.

[ QUOTE ]
    Maybe I wrote my last post a bit confusingly.

I have a separate gigastudio DAW, I know that I need a gisf driver to use gigastudio ;-) - but with my new fast Computer I can get enough voices. So I searched for a sampler, which can be used parallel to my sequencer at my main DAW.

Know I have the problem that my main DAW haven\'t got gisf drivers ( the new EMU-Soundcard) - thats why I ask my last post ;-).

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn\'t the Emu sound card come with EX?

If your\'e on the PC, look at Kontakt 1.5.2 as Rich suggested. However, you MJST keep in mind that a translator is not 100% perfect. VSL imports well into other sequencers because it\'s simply programmed. More complexly programmed libraries in the Giga format do not always translate well. You have to evaluate by individual library, not just if a sampler imports Giga or not.

[ QUOTE ]
    I have to correct myself, I just learnt that using Gigastudio 3 with rewire you don\'t need GSIF drivers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great, I really pleased to hear that :-)

[ QUOTE ]
    Doesn\'t the Emu sound card come with EX?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean with \"EX\"\" ? The Emu sound card has Asio2 and WDM driver. I use Cubase so Asio works well here ;-)

[ QUOTE ]
    f your\'e on the PC, look at Kontakt 1.5.2 as Rich suggested

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked at it and I really like it - awsom for \"creative\" sound too.

Go Back to forum