• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Why Ebay is cool to me today

Share/Bookmark

Why Ebay is cool to me today

http://www.livejournal.com/users/king_idiot/14436.html

This should satiate my recent G.A.S.

oops please move this to Gen OT. I thought I had posted it there. my bad.

SecondPost

Re: Why Ebay is cool to me today

I own that exact guitar. I bought mine from my former guitar teacher for $350, and he said he bought it for $700. What did you pay on ebay if you don\'t mind me asking?

Edit: oh, and yours doesn\'t have as many scratches and dents, and pieces of paint missing as mine does [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

more than I wanted to, I was hoping for 200, but I really want a fixed bridge 7 Ibanez. I own a ni7 that was made in 90 (I believe), one of the first years Vai made them for Ibanez. It screams. I jsut put lites with a 52 on the low B, and readjusted the trem settings, It screams and plays much smoother now. Great guitar, but doesnt hold a candle to the way my 540s ltd plays when its all set up.

The schecter is currently at 152, so I\'m hoping it doesnt go to far above that

the voice prism was 580!!! It has the Voice craft card installed too!!!! Its a freaking DEAL!

I paid , like, 850 for mine new (a few years ago)... RG7620 Black fixed bridge.

Have fun.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

yah but I think the 7620\'s have better electronics.

The cheapest new I was able to find a 7321 was 370, so I still saved some cash, and I get a case too...probably not molded tho.

I just played the same model I bought with a floyd today. It played great actually. So I\'m looking forward to this. It may need a setup but, it will be my secondary guitar. My Uni 7 is a monster for a 7 string.

I\'m excited to get it to do some oddball tunings, not just dropped A, but actually open 7 note chord tunings, thats gonna have to be wild.

This and the schecter if I get it will go into the \"to be sampled\" bin. Once I finalize the articulations and most time effiecient sampling/editing approach.

I\'m WAY more excited about the voiceprism actually. I cant believe the deal I got on it. I saw one WITHOUT the voicecraft card go for near 7 bills the other day. I was like....uhm whos the moron who paid for that?

next up is a variphrase if I can find one. there are two there and they are cheap, but I may wait for another un of them to show up. I\'ve always wanted one, jsut to mess with, and with bad they\'ve bombed...they are going for nothing on Ebay .

\"To be sampled\"?

You doing a lib? What are you gonna use for the amp etc.? I think you might have mentioned it before?

BTW--- I thought you had a variphrase? Maybe I\'m thinking of something else? But hey, give me an example of what it\'ll do to vocals....

king, is that you on the pic ??
    you look like a girl [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] :P

King is much sexier in person... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

And hey be careful who you call a girl.... he\'s pretty tall. Eyeliner, earrings, but he can still kick your azz! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hi guys
    when I was a teen I owned a very curious Gibson model (I think they sold just a few), it looked like a Kramer, black, with a very long neck, humbucker+2 single coils but I can\'t remember the name of the model. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    Anyone of you can remember me that name?

Luca

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi guys
    when I was a teen I owned a very curious Gibson model (I think they sold just a few), it looked like a Kramer, black, with a very long neck, humbucker+2 single coils but I can\'t remember the name of the model. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    Anyone of you can remember me that name?

Luca

[/ QUOTE ]

Luca,

I have a Gisbon Q-4000 with a thru neck black and Kahler Flyer, i was told they only made 4 (2 red & 2 Black) I think that might be the guitar you are talking aboout, That guitar always played great and was very oddly light.

here is a link i found with the red q-4000 guitar 3/4 down the page.
    http://www.guitarattack.com/interest.htm

they also made q-400 which had a bolt on and cheaper.
    Let me know if that is the one you are talking about.
    douglas

Go Back to forum