• Register
  • Help

Topic: Debussy demo -- additional files posted

Share/Bookmark

Debussy demo -- additional files posted

In response to Gary\'s kind request, I have uploaded the Sonar file to my Debussy demo. (Sonar 3.1 Producer edition)

I\'ve also made a PDF of the orchestral score available.

Go here to check them out.

Thanks to everyone who\'s listened so far. The response has been overwhelming!

Re: Debussy demo -- additional files posted

Wow! I just surfed over to the Garritan home page right after I posted the above! I had known that Gary planned to add my demo to the GPO website, but to be chosen as one of the top demos on my first try was totally unexpected! Thanks, Gary!

I am not surprized! You have demonstrated great musicianship with this piece. I congratulate you!
    Now, how much did you pay them? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Just joking!

Daniel,
    thanks for sharingh these files!
    But can you make a midi because I haven\'t Sonar, please?
    Thank you!
    Gil.
    Http://www.pinatel.com/gil/

Dan,

Thanks for posting the pdf of the score. It\'s as beautiful as the orchestration sounds. First rate work, you\'re a real pro...very inspiring! Did you use Overture SE or ??? Also, is the D in the 2nd violins in the last two measures intended to be a harmonic?

Thats wonderfull. Debussy has always held my intrigue for as long as I can remember and to hear this done with this program is neat. You certainly picked one of the harder things to emulate (least from my vague knowlege of the midi world). Nice orchestration, it seems to fit the ideal of Debussy I will definately take a peak at the Sonar file being that im trying to learn the darn program as much as I can. I have tried to reproduce one orchestral piece but it was pretty lame. I have not yet tried again and have remained learning the midi language with my native instrument , piano. What better place to start though with your sonar file to learn the ins and outs of bigger arrangments using midi, particularly Debussy(drool)

[ QUOTE ]
    Dan,

Thanks for posting the pdf of the score. It\'s as beautiful as the orchestration sounds. First rate work, you\'re a real pro...very inspiring! Did you use Overture SE or ??? Also, is the D in the 2nd violins in the last two measures intended to be a harmonic?

[/ QUOTE ]

The score was done in Finale. I kind of threw it together last week, from my 1989 manuscript and a few revisions I made while sequencing it. There are a few things I could fix in it, a case in point being that D-flat in the second violins in the last two measures. No, it is not supposed to be a harmonic, but I could make that clearer by putting it on a second staff. I should probably do that to the first violins as well. I\'m sure I\'ll fix a lot of things if I ever have to prepare the score for publication.

I\'m kind of busy for the next few days, but I\'ll try to get a MIDI file up as soon as I can.

Go Back to forum