• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt Sample Compatibility Questions

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt Sample Compatibility Questions

I am seriously considering the move from GIGA to Kontakt so I can take my music on the road on my laptop: Questions:

* Is this reasonable and how much memory is recommended
    * Really, how compatible are the GIGA libraries to Kontakt, adn what do most
    * people do to work around issues?
    * How stable is Kontakt on one machine?

Re: Kontakt Sample Compatibility Questions

[ QUOTE ]
    I am seriously considering the move from GIGA to Kontakt so I can take my music on the road on my laptop: Questions:

* Is this reasonable and how much memory is recommended
    * Really, how compatible are the GIGA libraries to Kontakt, adn what do most
    * people do to work around issues?
    * How stable is Kontakt on one machine?

[/ QUOTE ]
    I\'ve only converted one library from Giga to Kontakt, but it was fairly large - Voices of the Apocalypse. It was quite painless, albeit a bit time-consuming. Later in the week I will be getting a few more Giga format libraries, as well as a couple of Akai - all ProSamples volumes. I don\'t anticipate any problems, but I\'ll post back the results.
    It\'s been quite stable for me running ver 1.5.2 on a single machine, with 1.5Gig of RAM.

I think worst case scenario, if a sample library doesn\'t convert correctly, you still have the raw samples (WAV files) to work with. A huge pain to then map out, but it\'s definitely doable.

R.
    ==

Go Back to forum