• Register
  • Help

Topic: CubaseSX and Notation

Share/Bookmark

CubaseSX and Notation

In piano music the split point can often change. How do I have one splitpoint in 1 section of the piece thats different from other sections?

Ive tried splitting up the track into various parts, but the splitpoint changes that affect one part affects all others.

I have searched the manual.

Anybody?

Jim

Re: CubaseSX and Notation

[ QUOTE ]
    In piano music the split point can often change. How do I have one splitpoint in 1 section of the piece thats different from other sections?

Ive tried splitting up the track into various parts, but the splitpoint changes that affect one part affects all others.

I have searched the manual.

Anybody?

Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven\'t tried it with SX, but in the past, you could only select one split point. A potential workaround is to create the piano part with two tracks, one treble, one bass. If that doesn\'t work, then you might have to look at a Sibelius or Finale solution if your objective is to print out the parts.

Hi Peter and thanks for your response.

I read notation but I dont read well. So like most people, I would guess, I play the part in via a controller, do a bit of editing when necessary, play in other parts, etc etc.

But lately theres been a chamber group here in town who want to play my stuff and so I have to print it out.

I havent had problems with anything but the piano parts because of this splitpoint issue.

In the various notation programs - Finale, Sibelius, etc. - how are the split points handled so that there can be more than one split point per piece?

I was told on the Cubase forum to make 2 piano tracks - one for the treble and one for the bass clef. Boy that seems clumsy to me. And in that I\'m not notating by hand, awfully time consuming.

Im will to buy a notation program if that will solve this.

Jim

You can use polyphonic staves to accomplish this. I won\'t try to fully explain how it works but essentially you set the part for \"polyphonic\" then you can freely change which staff notes are displayed on by changing their midi channel. It even does a pretty good job without having to edit each note individually. There\'s a full chapter about \'Polyphonic Staves\' in the pdf manual.

Go Back to forum