• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOS Lite keyswitching problem in VSampler

Share/Bookmark

GOS Lite keyswitching problem in VSampler

I received GOS Lite yesterday. What quick delivery! I really love the extra strings.

My problem is I am using Vsampler (3.1 Beta) and I am having a problem with keyswitching. The GOS book tells me the Violin 2 keyswitches should be C2-G2 but I actually need to hit C0-G0 on the EX5 keyboard. I checked the value with the midi monitor in Vasampler and they are in the 0 octave. This would be ok except my keyboard only goes down to E0. I tried pressing the octave button on the EX5 and it transposed the midi note one octave so I could send C0 when hitting C1 but no sound comes out (confirmed C0 with monitor). I also thought I could adjust the keyswitches in the GOS VsAmpler program (I know how to do it in Halion 1) but but when I go to the mod page I can\'t see any programs! I know they are there because it works.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance,
    John

Re: GOS Lite keyswitching problem in VSampler

Clearly this was a converter problem. I\'d post on Maz\'s forum (www.maz-sound.com) since both the converter issue and the inability to remap the keyswitching are VSampler issues. I\'d help you, but I just don\'t know VSampler well enough...anyone else?
    Mark

Thanks Mark. I\'ll give it a try there.
    John

This is a known problem with the current vsampler. There are several threads on the vsampler board. they have it as one of the bugs to work on for the next release

fred

Thank you Fred. I must be searching the wrong VSampler forum or I missed it.

John

Any idea when the next release is? I use vsampler 3.0 for now since my soundcard (lynx L22) doesn\'t currently support Giga drivers. Hopefully those drivers will be out soon, but until then I\'ve got to use Vsampler.

Go Back to forum