• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Composing, Arranging and Orchestration forums open

Share/Bookmark

Composing, Arranging and Orchestration forums open

Folks,

At the request of many on another music forum, I have created a set of forums dedicated strictly to music composition, arranging, and orchestration.

This isn\'t an attempt to usurp this forum in any way: these new forums aren\'t meant to discuss any one piece of software but rather the art of creating music. We may even have a lot of folks there who have never heard of GPO! (But that\'ll be our chance to convert \'em! :&gt

Any forum is only as good as the people who participate, so I hope all of you wonderful folks here will at the very least stop by, and perhaps consider posting and taking in a part in making these forums the kind of place where we can all learn and grow in our musical talents.

It\'s still in the embryonic stages, so forgive the dust but feel free to make suggestions to improve.

http://www.kelleytown.com/forum/music/default.asp

Re: Composing, Arranging and Orchestration forums

Mike. I registered put not able to get in. (?) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I continue to get \"wrong password\". [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Same here.

Rich

Re: Composing, Arranging and Orchestration forums open

I\'ve been to a lot of \"composition\" forums in which composers upload their music in MP3 format and ask for opinons/advice. Nothing wrong with that, but why don\'t more people upload the actual notation? Talk about a useful tool for learning!

Re: Composing, Arranging and Orchestration forums open

Now that\'s an idea I like as well, however, I\'d give anyone ten bucks just to decipher my notation and turn it into something a real orchestra could play. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Too modest! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Sal,

Do you have cookies turned on?

They must be on for the forums to work. If do have them on and they still don\'t work, let me know and I\'ll fix things.

[ QUOTE ]
    I\'ve been to a lot of \"composition\" forums in which composers upload their music in MP3 format and ask for opinons/advice. Nothing wrong with that, but why don\'t more people upload the actual notation? Talk about a useful tool for learning!

[/ QUOTE ]

That\'s an excellent idea, and one I hope people will take to heart (and you could start off by doing it yourself to inspire others).

That\'s the kind of thing I\'d like to see the forum concentrate on -- not so much on the hardware/software, but the way the notes are written. I know in the \"dummies\" section I\'m going to be posting just this kind of thing, so hopefully the experts will do the same and I can learn as well.

Huh? Cookies? I think my nine year old ate em all. No wait.... yeah they are not blocked. Cookies are on and in the oven. Maybe the forum doesn\'t like home made cookies?
    So, now what? You don\'t want me there? I am in shambles right now. Nobody loves me everybody hates me I guess I\'ll go and eat worms. Fat ones skinny ones long ones short ones I guess I\'ll go and eat worms. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Really Mike there on.

Hey I would love to share my midi notation. Would we all have to use the same notational software?

Okay, there are no longer any pending members (I\'ve activated everyone) so you ought to be able to login now, Sal (but do let me know if you can\'t -- you can email me through the forum without having to login, which would be better since it won\'t clutter up this forum).

And, yes, by all means post your .WAV files, MIDI files, Notational software files, even a .TIF (I\'m going to post some .TIF shots from the screens of Finale showing the notes as well as the actual MIDI and .WAV files). Don\'t worry about formats -- if people don\'t have the right software they will let you know.

Go Back to forum