• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO for Pocket PC??

Share/Bookmark

GPO for Pocket PC??

Okay, this is not a serious request... I know it\'ll be a while yet before something like GPO is capable to be used on any handheld... but I was just playing around with a cool little techno music making program (Phoenix Studio, if anyone\'s interested in that kind of thing) on my Axim and thinking, \"Gosh, it would be cool if I could do some GPO programming on this little machine\".

The truth is, the capabilities of handhelds are growing dramatically, and I\'m amazed at some of the sophisticated programs they are capable of running already. I\'m sure it won\'t be long before the power of the average desktop can be implemented on a handheld. There is already a 24/96 audio recording device specifically for PPC machines, as well as a number of MIDI/music sequencing/sampler programs, including Phoenix Studio and Griff, MIDI interfaces, CF cards that hold 4 GB, etc.

So, I wonder... Will it really be that long before GPO can be used on a handheld??

Re: GPO for Pocket PC??

drooooool

Oops... just sold my PPC on E-bay so I could buy an actual PC to use as my DAW instead of my laptop [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

So, I wonder... Will it really be that long before GPO can be used on a handheld??

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that GPO Orchestra in your pocket, or ar you happy to see me...haha, nice joke.... oh wait its not a joke.... ha? This is quite possible to make an ultrlight handheld GPO.

We can build it. We have the technology. We have the capability to make Pocket GPO. Better . . . stronger . . . faster.

We\'ll get the GPO think tank working on this one.

Gary Garritan [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Hey! Now there\'s an idea. Imagine in the middle of a BPO concert and playing along with them on you Pocket PC? You could drive the Measto absolutely crazy!
    OK, so I am nuts but don\'t put it past me to try something like that.

By the way, Anchor Bar in Buffalo is the best and first place for \"chicken wings\". Buffalo\'s don\'t have wings! At least I don\'t think they do? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] \"wicken chings\" at Changs Da doo! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Go for it Gary innovation is the way to Bill Gateness~! We\'ll call the company, GPOSOFT! No wait! Don\'t go too far too fast too soon!
    I could just see Gary now in his laboratory. \"It\'s alive\"! \"It\'s alive\"! \"Pocket GPO is Alive\"!
    You know your going to have to use 1/4 size string instruments ya know. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Oh for crying out loud what\'s wrong with me?
    Nothing a little pocket pc can\'t cure.
    And a little GPO?
    And a little GPO.

Anchor Bar is the first place in Buffalo for wings, but I much prefer the wings at Barbill in East Aurora. Much bigger and tastier, especially the Sicilian kind. Mmmmm... Alright, technically it\'s not \'Buffalo\', but still in the area.

That is all.

[ QUOTE ]
    Anchor Bar is the first place in Buffalo for wings, but I much prefer the wings at Barbill in East Aurora. Much bigger and tastier, especially the Sicilian kind. Mmmmm... Alright, technically it\'s not \'Buffalo\', but still in the area.

That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, that\'s enough of that young man! YOU\'RE MAKING ME HUNGRY AND I AM DROOLING ALL OVER MY KEYBOARD!

Barbill in East Aurora? I haven\'t been there since...Forgot about that place.

Garry, Knowing the Mae West quote, Doesn\'t that make you to old to participate at this site? :-) ej..

[ QUOTE ]
    Garry, Knowing the Mae West quote, Doesn\'t that make you to old to participate at this site? :-) ej..

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean it wasn\'t Madonna who said that? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

This would definitely be awesome! I love using GPO at home, but the though of having that kind of portability is giving me goosebumps.

I guess it\'s just a matter of time before this concept becomes a reality.

Go Back to forum