• Register
  • Help

Topic: PMI Bosie 290 V.I. - beautiful but too harsh?

Share/Bookmark

PMI Bosie 290 V.I. - beautiful but too harsh?

Hopefully I can explain my problem without getting to vague. I am trying to make a recording using the PMI Bosendorfer 290 Virtual Instrument. I am using the Bosie as a VST in Cubase SX, with a Yamaha P90 as MIDI input. Obviously I\'m used to playing real pianos but I do not have the equipment to record a piano live, and I love the sound of this library.

As a piano player I am known for my \"delicate\" touch, as I tend to play on the soft side. However, when playing the PMI Bosie 290, it seems as if the end result is always much \"harsher\" (by a lack of better words) then I intended. It seems difficult to play softly and consistently, so I (unintentionally) gravitate to playing too loud.

I\'ve noticed a \"velocity\" curve in the Kompakt player. Is this the way to go, in other words, does it make sense to adjust that parameter, since the library is maybe meant for a different type of MIDI keyboard?

I appreciate your help!

Dennis

Re: PMI Bosie 290 V.I. - beautiful but too harsh?

[ QUOTE ]
    I\'ve noticed a \"velocity\" curve in the Kompakt player. Is this the way to go, in other words, does it make sense to adjust that parameter, since the library is maybe meant for a different type of MIDI keyboard?

Dennis

[/ QUOTE ]

That\'s what it for.

Re: PMI Bosie 290 V.I. - beautiful but too harsh?

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

Dennis

[/ QUOTE ]

That\'s what it for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, the P90 has three velocity settings, as well as a \"constant\" velocity. You can play around with those along with the Kompakt curves hopefully getting what your need.

Go Back to forum