• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: LOTR 9 disk CD collection coming...

Share/Bookmark

OT: LOTR 9 disk CD collection coming...

For those who can\'t get enough, it was announced today there will be a \"special\" 9 disk set of CDs encompassing all the movies as well as special material that didn\'t make it in the films (in the 9th CD).

So all you Shore fans starting saving your pennies...

Re: OT: LOTR 9 disk CD collection coming...

This is nice. I remember the days when you would get only a few cues on a soundtrack \'album\' and had to content yourself with that.

Do you mean \"DVD\"?

[ QUOTE ]
    For those who can\'t get enough, it was announced today there will be a \"special\" 9 disk set of CDs encompassing all the movies as well as special material that didn\'t make it in the films (in the 9th CD)

[/ QUOTE ]
    Do you mean soundtrack CDs, or movie DVDs?

Considering each special box set was 5 DVD\'s, I don\'t see how they could fit the extended version of very movie plus extras onto just 9 DVDs.

OTOH, if it was 9 soundtrack CDs with all the music and cues ... wow ...

G.

[ QUOTE ]
    For those who can\'t get enough, it was announced today there will be a \"special\" 9 disk set of CDs encompassing all the movies as well as special material that didn\'t make it in the films (in the 9th CD).

So all you Shore fans starting saving your pennies...

[/ QUOTE ]

Since he\'s mentioning (Howard) Shore and since this forum is generally about music, I\'d assume it\'s some sort of upcoming 9 CD soundtrack compilation he\'s talking about.

Mike...do you maybe have any link(s) where we can find some more details?

Thank\'s in advance.

Cheers

Rodney

OK, I need to go change my shirt now because I was drooling!

I can\'t wait.

Jonny

No, it\'s CDs, folks -- I wouldn\'t talk about DVDs here (unless they were music DVDs).

Here are the full, juicy details:

http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/news/newsstory.asp?news_id=15807

It\'s a pity they will \"only\" include all music from the theatrical versions, not from the extended ones. But on the other hand we should be glad because such releases are extremely rare.

Now if they remixed the 2nd and 3rd soundtrack to get rid of the strong reverb which made them a muddy mess in which one couldn\'t make out great details it would be even better! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thank\'s for the link Mike, much appreciated. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Sure sounds sweet, although I guess the price will be pretty hefty too.

[ QUOTE ]
    Now if they remixed the 2nd and 3rd soundtrack to get rid of the strong reverb which made them a muddy mess in which one couldn\'t make out great details it would be even better! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Servus Pete. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Yeah...if I\'m not mistaken, most of the soundtrack was recorded in the large Watford Colosseum, and they apparently wanted to make as much use of it\'s ambience as possible, hence the rather heavy reverb.

Although I personally think the reverb fits the score and in turn the movie very well...but as you say, it\'s also hard to make out some of the details because of it.

Cheers

Rodney

Hot damn! I\'d heard rumors about this before, but it\'s official now! So very, very many excellent YET unreleased cues, and now we get to hear them.

Nine discs...uh...price check? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum