• Register
  • Help

Topic: Looping samples

Share/Bookmark

Looping samples

I hope you\'ll forgive me for yet another newbie question, but when I have a long sustained note, the playback audibly \"stutters\" if the note is longer than the sample. Is there a generally accepted way of minimizing the problem? (I\'m using GPO in Sonar 3.0 Producer Edition).

TIA --

Richard Schultz

Re: Looping samples

What samples are these occuring on? On some of the strings you may be hearing the bow changing direction. This is noticable on the basses. I haven\'t noticed very many loop points popping or bumping when inside Sonar 3 then what I hear in the standalone player. All of the noticable ones have been reported to Tom Hopkins.

[ QUOTE ]
    What samples are these occuring on? On some of the strings you may be hearing the bow changing direction. This is noticable on the basses. I haven\'t noticed very many loop points popping or bumping when inside Sonar 3 then what I hear in the standalone player. All of the noticable ones have been reported to Tom Hopkins.

[/ QUOTE ]

It\'s most noticeable on the solo violins (IIRC, it\'s Violin 2 Ensemble patches). If it\'s a bow change, then I\'d recommend that the violinist they recorded take some more lessons.

[ QUOTE ]
    If it\'s a bow change, then I\'d recommend that the violinist they recorded take some more lessons.

[/ QUOTE ]

And why is that ?

Go Back to forum