• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problem reinstalling Cubasis - OK but MIDI cont.??

Share/Bookmark

Problem reinstalling Cubasis - OK but MIDI cont.??

Major adbug or something on my system that was causing it to shut down every minute or so after logging on, so I clean reinstalled WinXP and that seems to have stopped that, but now after reinstalling GPO and Cubasis, I\'m having trouble with Cubasis. When I start the program it says \"This application failed to start because MFC42D.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.\" And then the same message with MSVCR71.DLL. But no, re-installing doesn\'t help. Cubasis will still open after those messages, but seems to have some issues and shut down after a while.

Any idea what the problem is, or what to do?

Thanks,
    Shaz

Re: Problem reinstalling Cubasis

Ah, nevermind for now. Had the same shutdown problem, and it turned out I hadn\'t wiped the drive clean before reinstalling, so I did it again the right way. I\'ll have to check it out again after installing Cubasis and GPO again.

Dang. I was getting close to finishing the Viking piece and was hoping to work on that this weekend instead of reinstalling everything. Don\'t worry... I had backed up all of my files before this happened! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    Don\'t worry... I had backed up all of my files before this happened!

[/ QUOTE ]

Geeezzzzz! Ya had me worried there for a moment!

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Don\'t worry... I had backed up all of my files before this happened!

[/ QUOTE ]

Geeezzzzz! Ya had me worried there for a moment!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess I\'m rightfully paranoid about things like that. Until an ongoing project is done I usually have it backed up in at least 2 different places.

As it turns out, reinstalling XP cleanly and wiping everything was a good thing, as I\'d had a lot of junk on my system. I\'ve gained about 50-60 mb of available RAM in the process, and everything seems to be running better. And I got an external modem for an older system I have, to keep the internet nasties away from my music stuff, which I\'d meant to do a long time ago.

Cubasis is working fine now after the reinstall... no more funny messages... but it\'s still a big PITA configuring everything again with my soundcard and various programs. Took me a while to get playback that wasn\'t stuttering. And currently I can\'t seem to get my MIDI controller to work with GPO in Cubasis. When I first open Cubasis, if I hit the keys on the controller it\'ll register in the In/Out meter on the transport bar, but once I load GPO or bring up a GPO project, I get nothing from the controller. I went into GPO on the standalone and made sure the controller was selected as the MIDI in, but still nothing. And in the GPO standalone, I can see the onscreen keys moving when I hit the MIDI controller keys (no sound there yet, though?), but still nothing happens at all between the MIDI controller and GPO in Cubasis. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I\'m sure I\'ll figure it out, but it\'s annoying that I had everything going so well before. I should have taken notes about all the configuration settings I had. Oh, well...

I should have taken notes about all the configuration settings I had. Oh, well...

Yeah, should have but it\'s a shame with all the technology you still have to resort to the old pen and paper to back you up!
    Glad to hear you got it running again. Sorry, haven\'t a clue is to why you are not sounding with the controller. Maybe after reinstalling XP all your settings reverted back to default? Just a long shot thought.
    By the way, did you try \"system restore\" before reinstalling XP? Curious
    Well, at least your Saga is safe. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    By the way, did you try \"system restore\" before reinstalling XP?

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn\'t even want to try that, preferring a total clean reinstall of everything, which I realize I hadn\'t done when switching from WinME to XP.

Did I mention the major pain of re-registering GPO with NI, especially when I don\'t have an internet connection anymore on the GPO computer?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Did I mention the major pain of re-registering GPO with NI, especially when I don\'t have an internet connection anymore on the GPO computer??

No need to. I had the same problem with NI until we connected to the Internet. Afterwards we disconnected. No Internet on our studio system other than a separate PC in the office. Too many fruitcakes out there. I know what you went through….

Go Back to forum