• Register
  • Help

Topic: Looking for good India and Africa sample libs?

Share/Bookmark

Looking for good India and Africa sample libs?

Any suggestions anyone?

Re: Looking for good India and Africa sample libs?

Sonic Implants\' Silk Road is pretty good, although it\'s more Middle Eastern (although there are a couple of Indian instruments). But it has some nice subtle stringed and percussive instruments.

R.
    ==

Well, first thing that comes to mind is:
    Spectrasonics- Heart of Africa and Heart of Asia.
    <font color=\"red\">http://www.spectrasonics.net/libraries/index.html </font>

You might also want to check into:
    Deepest India
    <font color=\"red\">http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=TASCDR-82G</font>

Quantum Leap Rare Instruments also has some good Indian multisampled instruments. I also use Talvin Singh Abracatabla and Pundit Dinesh Pukka Masala for tabla/dhol loops.

I think if I were asked to do something African sounding, I think my Heart of Africa sample cd would be perfect. Lost of great little sounds in there that scream AFRICA. I also have RI and Heart of Asia, but if you want African flava get Heart of Africa im sure you wont be disapointed (unless you\'re expecting overly samples multisamped instruments like Ri)

So consider HOA vol 1 and 2. Vol 2, if you really want vocal sounds there are some in HOA but there are (as the description states) more in vol 2 (which I dont own though).

Ed

Go Back to forum