• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO on Two Computers ?!?

Share/Bookmark

GPO on Two Computers ?!?

I hope GPO-Man or Midi-boy or one of their Associates can help me! How does one run GPO on a separate computer? I’ve tried to run a search on the GPO forum and got no where. I remember seeing a ‘who to..’ on the Garritan Support site but I can no longer find it.

I am running XP pro on both computers. They are linked via Midi over LAN. I have Giga Studio and Maple tools in conjunction with Midi-Connection Center (Music Lab) running just fine but cannot figure out how to set up GPO to play happily in the mix.

Technology is keeping me down!

Clueless in GA. (AKA William)

Re: GPO on Two Computers ?!?

You could try Dan\'s new plug-ins, which can be d/l\'ed from his site www.hdan.com, the new one is mentioned here: http://www.northernsounds.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=158460&page=0&amp ;view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#158460

I haven\'t used them so I really can\'t give you anymore help than a link...

Hope that helps.

I tried out FXTeleport (FX-Max.com) which is a host and remote pair that sells for about $99. It lets you utilize VSTs (such as GPO, HALion and anything else which functions as a VST) from your *primary& computer and they can be on a second (or third or fourth -- tho there is additional cost for more than the singe host-remote connection). The audio results of the remote VST(s) is returned via your LAN (and Mbit lan is required).

The neat thing is that the \"remote\" VSTs do not use the sound card on that system, so if you have a sexy sound card on your primary you don\'t need to replicate it.

I haven\'t purchased it yet as I have not yet run out of capacity on my primary music computer, but there is a Forum on the FX-Max.com site that might help you evaluate furhter (and there is a 14-day free trial download there as well).

i hope this helps ... kev [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    I hope GPO-Man or Midi-boy or one of their Associates can help me! How does one run GPO on a separate computer? I’ve tried to run a search on the GPO forum and got no where. I remember seeing a ‘who to..’ on the Garritan Support site but I can no longer find it.

I am running XP pro on both computers. They are linked via Midi over LAN. I have Giga Studio and Maple tools in conjunction with Midi-Connection Center (Music Lab) running just fine but cannot figure out how to set up GPO to play happily in the mix.

Technology is keeping me down!

Clueless in GA. (AKA William)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you\'re looking to run GPO Studio on your second machine, but FXTeleport and some of the other solutions should work - depending on your needs.

Hi,

I wanted to do the same thing since I have about 3 good computers sitting around and I had some issues with running MIDI over LAN, at least for me it wasn\'t too reliable.
    So I decided to write my own version of it, a lot simpler and specifically designed for use on two computers with GPO.
    You should give it a try, the performance is really good (I cannot comment on MIDI over LAN but I know the code I wrote and is as simple and fast as it gets) and it has absolutely no hassle, no install and no configuration just run and you can start using it.
    It\'s not actually a plugin it\'s just a simple standalone application.

I hope you find it useful.

Regards,
    Dan.

I\'m also running FXTeleport and it works great. I have one very quiet computer in my studio. The noisy one is in my master bedroom closet on the other side of the house.

Go Back to forum