• Register
  • Help

Topic: Congratulations Jamie Hall-TCM-YFC Competition

Share/Bookmark

Congratulations Jamie Hall-TCM-YFC Competition

Congratulations to Jamie Hall on being a semi-finalist for the TCM YOUNG FILM COMPOSERS COMPETITION!

Jamie has been a long time contributor to Northern Sounds. 550 entrants competed for the $10,000 grand prize to score a classic restored silent film.

Here is the link to Jamie\'s entry (it\'s a 7MB movie file):
    http://www.nwlink.com/~jamieh/Music/temptress.avi

Jamie mentioned he did this entry in a short amount of time and also used the GOS string library extensively in his entry.

Well done Jamie and I hope you win the grand prize!

Gary Garritan

Re: Congratulations Jamie Hall-TCM-YFC Competition

If I may. Knock \'em dead Jamie!

That is some really nice work [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

G.

Congratulations Jaime! You just made me one jealous hog (the pig.. not the guy who holds onto things!).

Did anybody else enter the contest? I actually wrote a piece for the contest, for that same .avi but never submitted it, for a couple of reasons: 1. There was one part I really disliked, 2. I was still learning how to use GPO, so my main sample library was Advanced Orchestra. Boy would I have loved to have purchased GPO a few weeks sooner!

In any case, very well done Jaime. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

- Junk

would you want to put up what you wrote to the avi? Im curious to see what other people did. When I first listened to it, I turned down the volume to see if what I heard in my head was the same as what he[or she] did. Just curious to see what other people put.

-jamie [different one [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ]

Thanks Gary! I\'m really pleased to have been selected. As Gary mentioned, I used the Garritan Orchestral Strings extensively in the piece.

The 5 finalists will be announced sometime around May 7th, so I\'m keeping my fingers crossed!

Now if I could only get my old NorthernSounds account back! I seem to have lost it when they changed things around here.

Go Back to forum