• Register
  • Help

Topic: What's this song?

Share/Bookmark

What\'s this song?

I\'m sure everybody has had this... I just remembered a song, but I can\'t remember the name of it for the life of me, it\'s something my parents used to play. I recorded it so hopefully somebody here can help me out!

Here\'s the link, I appreciate it!

Dennis

Re: What\'s this song?

I listen to it over and over and it just doesn\'t ring a bell. Sorry, wish I could help.
    One question though and it most likely is an obvious one. Are you playing this live? What I am getting at is, did you program this in or play it in as we hear it?
    If so, I want to send you a midi representation of a melody that has been haunting me for years. It should be played solo for piano. If you could take it and make sense out of it I would be greatful. I am not interested in calling it my own. I am nearing a truthful time in my life and curently realizing just what to do about all of this.
    This melody has to be played by a real musician. Someone who can give it meaning and beauty as it was intended. After hearing this song of yours it was appearent.
    Would you do this for me?

Sal, that is an extraordinary request, I would be honored to give it my best. I\'ll send you my e-mail address by pm so I don\'t get bombarded by spam...

What\'s with this Cubasis that when I save the work as a standard midi file I can\'t find it anywhere else unless I reopen Cubasis?
    Would you prefer SM1 or can I send an mp3?

I have Cubase SX 1.6 as well as the Cubasis version that came with GPO, of course. So either the cubasis project file, mp3 or both would work fine...

Great! Expect it tonight and again...I am indebted to you.

Dennis, I don\'t recognise the piece unfortunately. There aren\'t too many notes in the tune if you take away the ornamentation. I like the arrangement..... evocative of a long gone era for me. It isn\'t a Mazurka and yet it reminds me of a Mazurka style of a piece I got hold of in some old secondhand music a number of years ago. I didn\'t have quite the ability to play it but I got far enough to get the gist! Too many notes, too fast for my stupid fingers! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I\'ll sequence it one of these days......

If you\'re playing live you have envyable talent......That sounds like the GPO piano too....or am I being fooled? I haven\'t heard it played in this style before.

Perhaps you and Sal would let us hear your combination piece when you have polished it.

Frank

Dennis,
    I did recognize the tune.

It is the end part of \"Once Upon A Time In The West\" by Ennio Morricone.
    Or at least it\'s very close to it.

Good luck !!

Dani

Dani - Thanks a lot! That\'s it!

Frank - Thanks for the compliment - and yes - your ears are excellent: it is the GPO Steinway. I am thinking that I made it much harder for people to recognize the melody by putting in so much ornamentation... oh well [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum