• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Orchestra Hit sound?

Share/Bookmark

Orchestra Hit sound?

The question may sound silly, but I have very limited orchestral knowledge.

How do you get the \'orchestra hit\' sounds found in many keyboards using individual samples in GPO or EWQLSO Silver etc? I assume there would be a bunch of staccato samples playing together - which ones?

Re: Orchestra Hit sound?

Indeed, and then they all have to be in their \"correct\" location, with the appropriate loudness level, ambience (some instruments will be unnoticeable but still contribute to the overall \"tutti\"). If you want a have a big chord, you will also have to pay attention to how chords are laid out from low to high, over the different instrument groups. If you do not yet have orchestral templates with panning, volume etc. be prepared for some boring work. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

There are some sample libraries that provide instant \"hits\" like this, maybe a good alternative?

Like Peter said, load up that orchestral template... or make one. For the Tutti hit, look for the Aggressive short patches if available. f through ffff ... Try different voicings for various effects.

Sounds like a premade Orchestral hit sample is more what you are looking for, rather than building one from scratch. From the producers of Advanced Orchestra there is \"Orchestral Colours\" which has some good hits. You\'ll also find that alot of Dance/Techno libs have them, as well as the original Roland, Akai, Emu sample libs.

Best,

John Z.

Spectrasonics\' Distorted Reality has some killer orchestra hits as well.

Guys,

Plaes post some portrait photos! I would realy enjoy to see this forum become even more personal!

How do you post the portrait photos?

[ QUOTE ]
    Guys,

Plaes post some portrait photos! I would realy enjoy to see this forum become even more personal!

[/ QUOTE ]
    what was the meaning of that?!?

Theoretically speaking though, if I needed to make it up from scratch, assuming all instruments are properly loaded panned reverbed etc (as may be the case in GPO or EWQLSO) what would I be playing on which instruments to get that effect?

[ QUOTE ]
    Theoretically speaking though, if I needed to make it up from scratch, assuming all instruments are properly loaded panned reverbed etc (as may be the case in GPO or EWQLSO) what would I be playing on which instruments to get that effect?

[/ QUOTE ]

I recommend that you check out an orchestration book. You need to know the ranges of all the instruments + how their dynamics are dependant on their pitch. Then experiment with voicings and the various Sforzando and aggressive patches that your lbs have.

Go Back to forum