• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga 3.0 is now available... did I miss something?

Share/Bookmark

Giga 3.0 is now available... did I miss something?

Well, I was checking around the internet and came across SAM ASH music.... so I typed in GigaStudio. And it looks like GigaStudio 3.0 is now available for immediate shipping. I didn\'t know if I\'d missed something in previous posts.... did ya\'ll know that it was available NOW. (I know that they\'d said \"sometime in April\").... Yeah, it looks like the long-awaited date has finally arrived! Welcome GIGA 3.0... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Giga 3.0 is now available... did I miss something?

The Gigastudio site still says May 2004 although I\'ve also read the same from the music catalogues I get in the mail.

surely not. The Tascam site would say something about it??

http://www.tascamgiga.com/pricing.php

It does say May, 2004.

It says \"usually ships within 3 to 5 days.\" With my experience with SamAsh, this means that they do not have it in stock, but they order it from the company. In my case, I ordered an item that should be shipping in 3-5 days and it turned out to be backordered for over a month with no indication on their website. They don\'t even have a picture of the box on their website. Most of their more expensive stuff is 3-5 days so they don\'t have to stock it. I would think this is a similar situtation. They heard April, and feel that they can say that now without making customers too mad - even though it is not even shipping from Tascam.

My 2 cents......

It looks like they are trying to cheat us...

This happens very often actually...

The product is announced, it looks to be available on the internet stores and it is not...,

They take pre-orders but they look like orders... you get stuck waiting forever for the actual product release...

So it is better to keep your money in your own pocket.

Giga is definitely not shipping, I checked with the italian distributor and with a couple of friends around in the shops in the US...

Best,

Simone Coen

Just to add to my prior statement about SamAsh, a lot of people on NS complained about having GPO orders that hadn\'t been processed. For example, audiomidi.com and Sweetwater took as orders saying it was \"in stock\" on their websites but Gary hadn\'t even come close to shipping the products to them. The people that ordered directly through him received it in a couple of days. I know this example isn\'t about GS3, but it is trying to show that companies will take those orders when they are really preorders. You can read a lot of posts on hear about the GPO thing - I would assume Tascam would send out orders quicker than through a distributer (if you are upgrading).

[ QUOTE ]
    It looks like they are trying to cheat us...

This happens very often actually...

The product is announced, it looks to be available on the internet stores and it is not...,

They take pre-orders but they look like orders... you get stuck waiting forever for the actual product release...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, Sweetwater gladly takes your money for \"Ivory\"...for which we don\'t even have a clue as when it will ship..

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Ivory/

Go Back to forum