• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Registering GIGASTUDIO

Share/Bookmark

Registering GIGASTUDIO

How long can I expect to wait for my registering of GIGASTUDIO to clear?

Re: Registering GIGASTUDIO

Decades... cause I have the same problem. That\'s why I have to continuously click \'cancel\' each time gigastudio boots up.

Ridiculous...

ARG

I hope I can get GS 3.0 for the registered user price still.. otherwise they continue to be one of the worst supported software companies ever when they have a unique oppurtunity to go clean slate

Yes ,The GS registration system is mindboggling archaic. I actually had to completely re-install Wind. XP to get GS registered and working on my system. Huge PITA and waste of time. As far as Tascam GS support (tried calling, leaving messages, emails ,to no avail), there is none as far as i can tell apart from Dave G. on this site or someone u know in the hood whos gone through all the pitfalls and can offer help. I wish i had more faith in poorly run companys . But i willl never buy anything again from Tascam (apart from upgrading GS3) and if i didnt have Kontakt as my back up..well that would be a drag. Rich

Hmmmmmm.... now I am concerned. I thought I successfully re-registered my GS160 after going to the XP version. In fact I made myself a note to that effect, along with Reg #, Reg key, and \"download code\". But I find that I also have to click \"cancel\" to get the GS160 to load instead of going into another registration routine. What gives???Anybody have a clue?

Carl

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

[ QUOTE ]
    Yes ,The GS registration system is mindboggling archaic. I actually had to completely re-install Wind. XP to get GS registered and working on my system. Huge PITA and waste of time. As far as Tascam GS support (tried calling, leaving messages, emails ,to no avail), there is none as far as i can tell apart from Dave G. on this site or someone u know in the hood whos gone through all the pitfalls and can offer help. I wish i had more faith in poorly run companys . But i willl never buy anything again from Tascam (apart from upgrading GS3) and if i didnt have Kontakt as my back up..well that would be a drag. Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a waste of time, for sure, because there is nothing about GigaStudio\'s registration process which involves anything more than its registry entries. You should have been able to simply delete all the \"Nemesys\" keys in the registry, reinstall, and everything would be hunky-dory.

I suggest to those with problems--just call Tascam and get it straightened out. The Giga3 registration will be a lot better. But there\'s no need to suffer through a registration problem. It\'s a very simple thing.

ok... just sad I have to call the states here from europe... when it could and should be done with a simple email

\"That was a waste of time, for sure, because there is nothing about GigaStudio\'s registration process which involves anything more than its registry entries. You should have been able to simply delete all the \"Nemesys\" keys in the registry, reinstall, and everything would be hunky-dory.\"

Yea bruce, Logically, it should have been. I even did the complete uninstal (removing all the hidden .dll `s in the reg.) that is recommended on the tascam site. i tried everything believe me.. I`m so busy writing right now that i had to hire a friend whos and \"expert\" at instaling giga boxs to figure it out for me (complete XP reinstal) . HE even said that there was a trick to registering now.

\"I suggest to those with problems--just call Tascam and get it straightened out. The Giga3 registration will be a lot better. But there\'s no need to suffer through a registration problem. It\'s a very simple thing. \"

I hope reg. GS3 is a simple thing, cause i know MANY composers who own legit copies of GS160 that still can`t get there copies reg. BTW ,i tired calling Tascam about getting my GS reg. Key 3 TIMES!! and I still havent recieved a call back!
    Anyways, enough ranting. GS is just a big expensive streaming sampler,that was revolutionary for its time..At half the price, I still have alot more fun with Kontakt [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Honestly,Rich

Just called them.. spoke to a sweet girl named Emma and *tadaah* I have my registration key...

Now that you have the registration key, how do you use it to avoid the \"Register your gigastudio now\" screen that appears when you start GS?? That\'s my problem.

Carl

Go Back to forum