• Register
  • Help

Topic: I know I've been on this before...but

Share/Bookmark

I know I\'ve been on this before...but

I know I\'ve asked a number of times before but....I am still having trouble getting studio to sound in Overture. I can play in the parts and they sound and write accordingly but upon playback nothing happens. I have tried everything posted so far and something is still not right here. *most likely me* The first person that solves this for me Fancesco will bake a pizza for you and send it priority mail~! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

\"can you read my mind\"?

Re: I know I\'ve been on this before...but

Or you Mac or PC? What system of either? I can help you if you\'re Mac, I think.

Jasper

Hi Jasper,

I\'ve had no success either, I\'m on Mac 10.3.3. Studio\'s keyboard will produce sound. In overture I assign the track instrument to the available GPO studio midi channel containing an instrument.

But no sound when Overture plays the sequence?

I probably have an incorrect setting, but haven\'t found it.

Trond

[ QUOTE ]
    Or you Mac or PC? What system of either? I can help you if you\'re Mac, I think.

Jasper

[/ QUOTE ]

I am using a PC pentium (R)4, CPU 2.66 GHz, 1.0 GB ram.

I can get the sound while playing the part(s) in or step recording but not on playback of the sequence written. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Hi Styxx,

I haven’t followed the previous posts so I might suggest things you have tried before but in order to get proper sound in playback you should make sure you have a proper configuration of the MIDI output devices in Overture and a proper configuration of the MIDI channels in the track list.

Load the studio and on first instance first channel load an instrument (piano lite is better since responds to velocity).
    In Overture you should open Options->MIDI Devices… dialog and check what is selected (blue color) in the device list. You already have properly setup the input device and MIDI through enable check box is selected. Just check the right list (Output devices) and make sure you select GPO Studio ports (should be blue). When you click the test button for GPO Studio 1 you should hear something (the beginning of the 5th Symphony). If it says the device is in use make sure you don’t have other application using it (like a MIDI over LAN mapping to it). If you don’t hear anything then you have a problem and you should probably reinstall something.
    If it works then in your track list make sure for the track you work on to select GPO Studio 1 as device (or General MIDI 1 if you have a non GPO Overture version) and the channel 1 (Chn 1). When you playback you should hear the piano playing.

I hope this helps,

Hi Dan H.

One question. You mention \"Options->MIDI Devices… dialog and check what is selected (blue color)\" There are a number of midi devices in blue besides GPO. This I don\'t understand. I thought only GPO is to be checked in blue?
    I will try your instructions later tonight.
    Happy Easter

If you have more devices selected it means you intend to use them along with GPO and they are available as options in the track window.
    If you only intend to use GPO studio you should click on the other devices until they become unselected (not blue).

Happy Easter,

Dan,
    I followed your instructions and it worked! It worked so well I am afraid to close it! I took a string quartet I wrote years ago and exported it to Overture. Set up the GPO studio and each instrument started to play! The only trouble I had was trying to get the bass at the very end to sound. I have as follows
    T1-violing solo1.
    T2-viola solo 1
    T3-cello solo 1
    T4-Dbl Bs solo 1
    I was so excited I don\'t even know if that\'s right right now. The piont is at the very last measure the bass is to play and it\'s not. I know I am just scratching the surface with all of this and maybe I am not as clear. So, what I would like to do is send you a copy of the sheet music of the last page and see if it makes better sense to you.(?) Plus, when you save in overture does it automaticly save the GPO studio settings or is that another issue?
    Send me your email?
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum