• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bosendorfer buy as plugin or the cd Sample lib?

Share/Bookmark

Bosendorfer buy as plugin or the cd Sample lib?

Well I am deciding to buy the bosendorfer piano library, I am a little hesitant to buy the NI version due to it\'s bugginess with the KOMPAKT engine. I own KONTAKT and there are still problems with 1.5.2. I am also buying my libraries in Giga format in case I decide to change to Giga 3. Is there any obvious difference in the plugin version versus the sampled cd of the Bosendorfer 290?. I am also wondering if I should wait to see how the Giga piano2 will sound, should I save my cash just in case the Giga 2 piano is better?, I need to decide. Thanks

Re: Bosendorfer buy as plugin or the cd Sample lib?

Briguy..I`m not experiencing many Kompakt/Kontakt bugs, but anyways, the real cool thing for me are Michiel`s Presets that come with the Kompakt bosey 290. Ive found them amazingly time saving and interesting. If uve got all the time in the world to tweek them ,theres probably no advantage either way. the giga version would probably be more flexable down the road..rich

Re: Bosendorfer buy as plugin or the cd Sample lib

Ask Bruce. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Currently, all GIGA Sample CDs are 16-bit, including the PMI Bosendorfer.

I believe the PMI Bosendorfer plug-in is 24-bit.

http://www.postpiano.com/home.php

Hopefully most sample producers will release 24-bit GIGA versions after GIGA 3 is released (GIGA 3 supports 24-bit).

Sorry Nick but who\'s Bruce?

BTW I currently have Giga piano, does the Bosendorfer blow it away? Or is that a silly question to ask?

[ QUOTE ]
    BTW I currently have Giga piano, does the Bosendorfer blow it away? Or is that a silly question to ask?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not silly if you\'ve never heard/played it, but to answer your question, YES. In the few short months I\'ve had the lib, it\'s become THE go-to piano, and Mr. Post/EW has updated it 2 or 3 times!

For the original question on Giga vs. plug-in: do you also use Giga on the same computer? If so, I\'d lean a little toward the Giga version. I use the plug-in on a relatively fast machine, and it sometimes has a hard time keeping up with high poly/track count using both Giga and the PMI Bos. There have been several times I\'ve found myself wishing I\'d bought the Giga version, in spite of the high convenience factor the plug-in brings with it.

--Eric

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

I\'d buy the library version. You can always port that around to what you want. And all the money goes to Mr. Post (if you deal direct with him), vs. getting spread around all over the market.

imho, listen to the demos at Bardstown [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum