• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: What to go 4: Wavelab essential OR Adobe Audition?

Share/Bookmark

What to go 4: Wavelab essential OR Adobe Audition?

What to go for: Wavelab essential OR Adobe Audition (ex Cool edit)

????

Re: What to go 4: Wavelab essential OR Adobe Audition?

any1 uses Audition ?

I\'m using Wavelab for many many years. Now, I\'m waiting for Wavelab 5 (adding DVD-A Authoring !) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Have you looked at Sound Forge?

I left Wavelab for them once SF 5 came out. Back then, Wavelab was just at 3 and there was no real comparison. Sound Forge was just a better product all around (IMHO). Since then, I haven\'t looked back.

If you\'re not familiar with Sound Forge, you should at least d/l the free demo

Sound Forge Info

Sound Forge Demo

I use Audition.

I like it a lot.

You have not said what you are looking for in a software package.

Audition is strong in wave editing - noise reduction etc...

The multitrack has been easy to use and very useful.

Hope this helps.

I can\'t speak for Audition since I haven\'t used Cool Edit since the very first free iterations back in 96 or so.

I CAN speak for both Sound Forge (up to v. 6.0) and Wavelab (up to 4.0).

I use both, all the time, for a variety of applications. Sound Forge can be quick and ergonomic in certain ways but WaveLab is far deeper and more powerful in nearly every area. It\'s highly customizable and is the fastest editor I\'ve ever worked with. If you\'re doing Mastering, the meters and plugs can\'t be beat. If you\'re doing sound design, the montage and VST plus DX plugs on every track plus master is amazing.

If you\'re already used to Sound Forge then you will find the learning curve for editing in Wavelab steep and SF will feel more ergonomic for quite awhile. However, because Wavelab is so customizable (key commands for everything too) I\'ve found that I can now edit quite a bit faster in WL.

Hands down, WL is the desert island app for me. Sound Forge still gets used for quick and dirty stuff (I used it for years and years so I\'m still a bit faster at some things in SF) but WL is rapidly becoming number 1 for me.

HTH,
    Crispin

Completely agree. WL can easily be your main \"go to\" program, but I still found myself opening up SoundForge (or even CoolEdit 96!) for very, very quick operations just because I was used to it.

I\'ve used Cooledit 2000 bfore and i really like it... i\'ve used to it...
    and it has this denoise window i particulary like ....

I like steinberg products (own a couple of them) but wavelab essential lacks of too many features for me [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] and i don\'t have enough money to buy wavelab

I remember reading a review online a year or so back .
    The review was comparing mp3 encoders and although wavelab was never mentioned ,Soundforge was one of the program which was compared ,and their MP3 encoding algorythm was rated very poorly.
    Lame was the top rated at that time.
    It would be nice to have a nice wave editor that excelled it all areas from wave editing , mastering to mp3 encoding .
    Does anyone know how wavelab rates with mp3?
    And what version are you using ?

Personally I think the MP3 encoding in WL sounds great.

I\'m using WL 4.01b (full, not essential) but to be honest, I usually use RazorLame to convert my stuff to MP3\'s for 2 reasons:

1) I have it on a separate PC so it doesn\'t chew up cycles on my WL computer

2) I tend to have to output multiple files at once so I just let Razorlame chew on them while I do other things.

In case you\'re wondering, Razorlame is a front end for the LAME codec. It may still be free (used to be). Works really well as a batch processor (including folder organization etc.) and is highly customizeable.

The cool thing is that if you just want to use WL you can setup the batch processor to do this for you too.

Hope this helps!
    Crispin

Go Back to forum