• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to tell if a MOTU MKIII is packaged with the newest PCI-X compatable card?

Share/Bookmark

How to tell if a MOTU MKIII is packaged with the newest PCI-X compatable card?

I was at a local music store trying to pickup a 2408 MK III that has a card which will work with my g5. I was unable to figure out from the packaging if it was - just said it was \"PCI compatable\". Since the new card only came out in the last couple of months, I\'m assuming its possible they may stil have stock that has the old PCI-424 cards. Any pointers aside from plugging it into the g5?

Thanks
    Colin

Re: How to tell if a MOTU MKIII is packaged with the newest PCI-X compatable card?

i THINK the newer cards have two slots in the connector as opposed to one. i also think that motu has something about this on their site, or at least you should be able to find some kind of confirmation on the net about PCI-X standards.

sorry i don\'t have any concrete info, but i figure you might not get a lot of responses over the holiday (i hate it when people post speculation).

HTH

john

Go Back to forum