• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Win XP, Audigy ZS, and KX drivers... help!

Share/Bookmark

Win XP, Audigy ZS, and KX drivers... help!

Hello everyone,

Just booted up my new pc, installed giga, then attempted to install the KX drivers. In the middle of installation it froze up my pc (dont know why) and would simply reboot the system. Everytime I would attempt to reinstall, the same thing would happen. Any ideas on why Im having this much installation issues. It also really messed up my current drivers, so I had to totally reinstall the orignal drivers to get any sound at all. Do I need to remove the Audigy ZS drivers before I install kx? I really need to get giga up and running. Thanks in advance!

Rich

Re: Win XP, Audigy ZS, and KX drivers... help!

Alright... I managed to get them installed. Now I dont have any sound at all, any ideas?

Rich

Rich,

The kx drivers are still in the development stage. I know a guy who tried everything to get them to be stable.. to be honest i would just buy a decent card... like a cheap audiophille or delta card. Im not denying that you can use the drivers. But the live isnt a pro card. No matter what creative would have you belive.

For now...check your ins / and outs as something may be routed wrong in the drivers. (the KX drivers have a habbit of muting everything) You may need to load a better skin to see them.

Seriously though. The audigy is a great card..(for what it does) but if your going to write music on a pc then get a music card.. ie pro audio. Its not worth the hassle. Everyone i know who has used the live card have eventually changed..(even the ones who could use the KX drivers)... If cash is short then give ebay a look.. im sure someting better can be had for little money.

Thanks Riggs.

Im now just thinking of either getting a new sound card like you mentioned or just picking up Kompakt (which is all I can really afford after buying this pc, and will work with the Audigy card). Im just a little worried about recording using Kompakt since I always used the wav capture feature in giga and kompakt has nothing like that. See my recent post in the Kontakt section for more details about all this. Any help you could offer would be great, I really need to have this new PC \"composing ready\" and up and running musically by the end of the week.

Rich

Rich,

For the price of Kompact you could get an audiophille card.. This would allow you to carry on using gigastudio for your editing / music.

http://www.midiman.com/index.php?do=products.list&ID=pciinterfaces

These card come with GSIF support from day one. so you dont have to worry about compatability problems.

They retail for around £125.00 whereas Kompakt is around £150.00 im not slating the program, it seems like a fantastic bit of software...but doesnt really sort out the problem. It would still need to use the Live card.

I suppose it really depends on what you want. But i would start off with a good pro card to be a basis for your machine before i looked at other softsynths / samplers.

Not bad... not bad at all.. and in my price range.. thanks again riggs!

Rich

Rich,

That looks like another good card. Have a good chat to the salesman though. see if hes had any probs with the card or if people rave about it. The other option is to just look for some reviws on it.

Looks good though. Nice amount of support. Good features. Wont break the bank.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Rich D:
    Thanks Riggs.

Im now just thinking of either getting a new sound card like you mentioned or just picking up Kompakt (which is all I can really afford after buying this pc, and will work with the Audigy card). Im just a little worried about recording using Kompakt since I always used the wav capture feature in giga and kompakt has nothing like that.
    Rich
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Rich, Kompakt has the same Bounce function as Kontakt. Using the bounce function your sequencer can capture your tracks to wav in mere seconds, rather than the real-time it takes to do it in GigaStudio. Saves an amazing about of time.

Be warned, however, that while Kompakt is a great sample player, with a LOT of tweaking capabilities, it\'s not nearly as powerful as Kontakt.

P.S. The Waveterminal card is basically an update of my old card, a Maya 44. The Maya served me quite well with GigaStudio until a power supply failure blew the motherboard and took the soundcard with it. The Waveterminal is great, but customer service for the Maya left something to be desired....

Go with an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 ($149). It\'s one of the most affordable, most stable cards out there.

Go Back to forum