• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT anti virus software

Share/Bookmark

OT anti virus software

norton was conflicting with logic so i uninstalled it.BAD IDEA my sequencing computer has several viruses requiring me to rebuild!
    anyone using a virus program( maybe one of those online scan services) that provides protection without conflicting with your audio app. using windows 2ksp3
    thanks

Re: OT anti virus software

Originally posted by mike harper:
    norton was conflicting with logic so i uninstalled it.BAD IDEA my sequencing computer has several viruses requiring me to rebuild!
    anyone using a virus program( maybe one of those online scan services) that provides protection without conflicting with your audio app. using windows 2ksp3
    thanks
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Norton\'s the least problematic of the Virus scanners that I\'ve seen. (Assuming you\'re using JUST Norton Antivirus, and not the entire Systemworks package? If you\'ve got Systemworks uninstall everything EXCEPT Norton Antivirus. That in itself should fix whatever issues you\'re having.) Other things to try.. Run Norton AV all the time, just exit it when you use Logic. Or, take your sequencer computer off the internet. I\'m planning on redoing my entire layout of computers, and taking most of my PC\'s off the internet. Maybe even do all my browsing on the Mac, I\'ve noticed not many people bother writing viruses for those. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum