• Register
  • Help

Topic: Crescendo in violins

Share/Bookmark

Crescendo in violins

I've run into problem I can't seem to find a solution to. I'm still using the old Sonar Platinum program with Garritan Libraries. In GPO5, I seem to be getting something of a crescendo on long notes. This seems to hold true with all the stringed instruments, but most noticeably with violins and violas. This occurs in both the Section Strings with the KS patches as well as the Garritan Orchestral Strings. I've tried playing with the controls, but I can't seem to completely eliminate it. It is sort of a wah-wah sound where the sound begins and to crescendo before the release. The Section Strings KS patches have a different set of controllers than the KS patches for the Garritan Orchestral Strings, and I haven't had a lot of success mastering the controllers with Garritan Orchestral Strings. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    I use elevators purely for the music.

Re: Crescendo in violins

Have you tried using the Garritan strings with the free Bandlab Cakewalk. I believe it’s the last TOTL version of Sonar with bug fixes and new features.

Re: Crescendo in violins

Quote Originally Posted by mkuehlok2 View Post
    I've run into problem I can't seem to find a solution to. I'm still using the old Sonar Platinum program with Garritan Libraries. In GPO5, I seem to be getting something of a crescendo on long notes. This seems to hold true with all the stringed instruments, but most noticeably with violins and violas. This occurs in both the Section Strings with the KS patches as well as the Garritan Orchestral Strings. I've tried playing with the controls, but I can't seem to completely eliminate it. It is sort of a wah-wah sound where the sound begins and to crescendo before the release. The Section Strings KS patches have a different set of controllers than the KS patches for the Garritan Orchestral Strings, and I haven't had a lot of success mastering the controllers with Garritan Orchestral Strings. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Orchestral strings have an annoying ramp-up sound indeed. You need to use the CC119 (Start) and turn to around 100%. That helps a lot.

Go Back to forum