• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sprengler's Riddle

Share/Bookmark

Sprengler's Riddle

This is some electronic/orchestral music I came up with a while back as I attempted to read, as a layman, Oswald Spengler's 1918, The Decline Of The West Vol 1. I'm still attempting to read and hopefully finish it. The second part is suppose to represent Sprengler's concept of the seasons of a major culture.

Spengler's Riddle

Phil

Re: Sprengler's Riddle

Hi Phil,

It's always very tricky to translate one's opinion or standpoint into music. And it is even more difficult for the listener to understand the conveyed message or vision. Although it's very personal, I really like your approach and especially the music itself. You're absolutely good at this (sonically and choice of samples/sequences).

Well done, and happy New Year!

Jos

Hello Jos,

I’m glad you like it. Yes, I was trying to convey some of my thoughts about the book although I’m still only about half way through it. He constantly throws a ton of data at you and my mind does tend to wander.

The title of the book is somewhat misleading as it’s pretty much a thesis purporting that all major cultures in the past, like natural organisms, have gone through stages that end with a cultural stagnation which he calls the Civilization stage. He stresses the importance of the becoming as opposed to the being. Will the West follow suit? I’ve never put much stock into trying to predict the future.

Phil

Hello Phil,

I agree with Jos. You 'swim' well in the electronic 'waters'.

It seems to me that it gives you more freedom of
    expression of what you want to create.

Keep it up!

~ Yudit ~

Thank You Yudit.

Yes, the myriad of different electronic sounds available seem to inspire ones imagination.

It’s fun to see what I can come up with, with my experimenting.

Phil

Go Back to forum