• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sad piece this time

Share/Bookmark

Sad piece this time

Greetings,
    this music is composed in a mood of sadness and I had a need to express that feeling.
    It is played by organ, solo violin and a woodwind quartet, the instruments where Garritan delivers greatly, I think.
    Best wishes,
    Kjell

https://soundcloud.com/user-892939153/silent-extinction

Re: Sad piece this time

Hi Kjell,

Yes, this was a quite sad but beautiful and heartfelt musical eulogy for your Swedish forests.

I listened to this music the first time just before the NS/Garritan site stopped working. Your description had me originally expecting this was going to be about the CODIV-19 disease. I was surprised to learn that your country had decided to cut down such large forests areas for an energy source. Here, we also harvest forest trees in maybe smaller patches but for mostly building material. The waste that is left is either left as food for the new trees and other forests plants or possibly harvested as bio-fuel. I hope that your country will replant the forests that it is clearing which will again help clean the air and be beautiful.

A company wanted to build a bio-fuel energy plant in our area some years ago but it was stopped because of the concern about the possible 50 to 100 diesel trucks per day exhaust and noise pollution as they would be traveling in the vicinity of some of our schools and hospital.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Hi Kjell,

Yes, this was a quite sad but beautiful and heartfelt musical eulogy for your Swedish forests.

I listened to this music the first time just before the NS/Garritan site stopped working. Your description had me originally expecting this was going to be about the CODIV-19 disease. I was surprised to learn that your country had decided to cut down such large forests areas for an energy source. Here, we also harvest forest trees in maybe smaller patches but for mostly building material. The waste that is left is either left as food for the new trees and other forests plants or possibly harvested as bio-fuel. I hope that your country will replant the forests that it is clearing which will again help clean the air and be beautiful.

A company wanted to build a bio-fuel energy plant in our area some years ago but it was stopped because of the concern about the possible 50 to 100 diesel trucks per day exhaust and noise pollution as they would be traveling in the vicinity of some of our schools and hospital.

Phil
    Thank you for your comment Phil. The world is approaching a forest crisis, Amazonas is the least problem. I used this tune slightly in the debate as a way of reaching people with various success.
    All the best,
    Kjell

Hi Kjell,

There is something in all your compositions that is
    unique to you, like a special thread that you weave in.
    And in each new piece of yours I definitely hear that
    thread.

You are most certainly developing your skills of composing
    and orchestrating.
    In this piece there is also refinement in your use of instruments
    which is very enjoyable.

Well done!

~ Yudit ~

Quote Originally Posted by sunbird View Post
    Hi Kjell,

There is something in all your compositions that is
    unique to you, like a special thread that you weave in.
    And in each new piece of yours I definitely hear that
    thread.

You are most certainly developing your skills of composing
    and orchestrating.
    In this piece there is also refinement in your use of instruments
    which is very enjoyable.

Well done!

~ Yudit ~
    Thank you Yudit for your inspiring comment. My pieces are all based on thematic material that I developed during my lonely youth on the piano. I take these themes and develop on the score. Sometimes a new theme appears but usually within the fixed chords. So what you probably hear is my youth feelings.

/Kjell

Dear Kjell,

Your concern about nature is indeed a sad source of inspiration, but it shows clearly where your heart is. Although it's a "sad" piece, it doesn't sound like a complaint or accusation, rather a sort of musical mourning about the loss of beauty and most of all about the loss of common sense which nobody would expect from Sweden...
    At least you still have large forests. Here in Flanders, we only have large surfaces of concrete and brick (Flanders has more inhabitants than Sweden on a surface that is 36 times smaller.
    I'm planning to write an orchestral piece (with choir) about the return to earth to see nature restoring itself without the interfering of humans (a piece of hope).

You did a wonderful job, Kjell, engaged as you are. Thanks for sharing your concern with us!
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Go Back to forum