• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pavlov - Andantino

Share/Bookmark

Pavlov - Andantino

Hello,

Here's a real tiny piece I discovered lately
    and which shows you can say a lot in just a few notes.

Composed by Pavlov Evgeny, it is no. 7 of his
    9 Lyric pieces op. 1.

Enjoy,

~ Yudit ~

Andantino

Re: Pavlov - Andantino

This piece is quite lovely. The importance of rhythmic repeating, while changing chords/notes, helps hold the piece together. Then adding more to the main motif. I like how the left hand descending that keeps coming in after the 5 note motif. This short piece has the perfect balance of repetition of motif (with different chords) repetition of rhythm, then adding variation here and there to keep your attention focused.

I also like that the piece is simple enough, yet skillfully moves thru variations, swells/retreats. A lesson in being concise.

Great little piece, Yudit. Glad I could celebrate the reopening of our forum with such a miniature delight!

Thanks for sharing,
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Quote Originally Posted by angelonyc View Post
    This piece is quite lovely. The importance of rhythmic repeating, while changing chords/notes, helps hold the piece together. Then adding more to the main motif. I like how the left hand descending that keeps coming in after the 5 note motif. This short piece has the perfect balance of repetition of motif (with different chords) repetition of rhythm, then adding variation here and there to keep your attention focused.

I also like that the piece is simple enough, yet skillfully moves thru variations, swells/retreats. A lesson in being concise.
    Hi Mark,

Glad you liked this little piece. I enjoyed very much working on it and
    expressing myself through it.
    It really is interesting how one can take a simple motiv and play with it around
    in several different ways.

Thanks for listening and will look forward to your next piece.

~ Yudit ~

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Great little piece, Yudit. Glad I could celebrate the reopening of our forum with such a miniature delight!

Thanks for sharing,
    Jos
    Hi Jos,

It's good to be back here, isn't it?

Glad you could enjoy this little miniature as a reopening piece.

Thanks for listening and am looking forward to hearing your music.

~ Yudit ~

Go Back to forum